- Develop a work schedule that incorporates the needs of the customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) and provide a monthly update by the fifth of the following month.
- Lead line technicians as they perform their duties.
- Schedule line technician's daily maintenance activities.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and other Support
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to PAC IFE Systems and other aircraft equipment on aircraft subject to e.g. FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA regulations.
- Perform troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, and the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft.
- Build customer satisfaction through identification, tracking, reporting, and successfully overcome all technical issues for assigned airlines using networked communication systems.
- Be a strong customer advocate inside Panasonic Avionics to help engineers and management understand and appreciate the customer's views and negotiation points.
- Technically support the customer as a liaison between line operations and PAC departments.
- Aggressively contribute to the resolution of all in-fleet problems, assisting the efforts of affected support and engineering organizations within PAC.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate knowledge of all PAC products, testers, harnesses, and associated equipment. Requires that employee maintain knowledge of product revisions and modifications.
- As required, based on aircraft type, may work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Perform daily data entry tasks and administrative duties.
- Operate as the local trainer on the PAC IFE SYSTEM.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instructions in English, the global aviation standard.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Advanced background and knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Consistently works on moderately complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years related industry experience preferred.
- Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for assigned country or geographical region, and customer requirements e.g. FAA, CASA or EASA A, B1 and/or B2 with relevant type ratings.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Airline maintenance operations and 24/7 technical support experience highly desired.
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25% of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform; endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.