JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (A&P Mechanic)
LOCATION: LOS ANGELES, CA – (LAX – LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT)
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) is looking to hire FOUR (4) A&P Licensed (or soon to be licensed) Avionics/Aviation Mechanics to join our corporate team of experts to work on, replace and improve the performance of IFE (in-flight entertainment) systems on planes for some of the most recognized airlines in the world. As the #1 provider of IFE products in the world, Panasonic Avionics offers a great culture, training platform, and long-term career trajectory that is designed to make your career TAKE OFF!
Hourly rate ranges from $32.44 to $42.80 based on years of experience. (These rates include Geographical Differential for said location and would depend on applicable licenses and experience.) Starting rates increase with additional years of experience).
This is a full time, direct hire position, offering full medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance. Additional benefits include tuition reimbursement, two weeks of accruable PTO, 14 paid Company Holidays, 7 sick days, and 3 personal days. Ask your recruiter about additional perks to work with PAC.
WHO IS PANASONIC AVIONICS?
If you've ever boarded a plane with a video display on the seat in front of you, offering Movies, TV, Gaming, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Audio; there's a great chance that Panasonic Avionics is behind it all. And we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Panasonic Technical Services Team to help us continue to provide the best In-Class Services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Maintenance Services Representative for Panasonic Avionics Corporation, you will be using your A&P license and acquired skills to perform line maintenance on various airlines inside and outside of the cabin. Responsibilities will include maintenance of Airframe, Powerplant and In-Flight Entertainment/Connectivity systems as assigned by local management.
Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA Regulations.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Perform maintenance checks on Customer aircraft for various airlines
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Assist in tracking the spare inventory.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- HS diploma or GED is
- Airframe & Powerplant License, or a related certificate of equal value is
- Must be able to pass a background and drug screening (marijuana included).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be open to most shifts. (Night shift or Graveyard shift included. Airports are a 24/7 operation)
- 0–1-year experience in a mechanical or electrical technician position through work or school his preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of fundamental electrical mechanics or related experience acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education is highly preferred, but not required.
- 1 + years of IFE or avionics experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Must have the ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/50% match, 2 weeks PTO, 7 paid sick days, 3 personal days, 14 paid Company Holidays, Tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation
#aviationmechanic #avionics #aviation #a&pmechanic #aircraftmechanic #airframe&powerplant #airframeandpowerplant #aviationtechnician