Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Under direct supervision, perform Line Maintenance on Aircraft In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems and other aircraft equipment to ensure system serviceability and functionality. Carry out systems troubleshooting using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. If applicable, complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed.
IFEC and Aircraft Systems Maintenance:
- Perform under supervision allocated maintenance tasks including component replacement, adjustments, and functional tests which includes but not limited to:
- Remove and replace components in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems and perform functional tests post rectification.
- Perform Cabin Sweep’s in accordance with Panasonic LMP’s and report findings.
- Perform Built-in (BIT) and manual test.
- Perform Software and Media Loading.
- Clean components and equipment racks if applicable to contract.
- If applicable, complete customer documentation in accordance with customer specific requirements
- Ensure timely escalation and coordination in close contact with direct Supervisor of any problem occurring in the assigned aircraft area.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
- As required, work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Assist in the management of airside inventory, cycle counting, packaging and shipping of inventory.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping health and safety and tool care.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or Management.
What we’re looking for:
- Essential Aircraft maintenance experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic computer skills in using Linux.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Must be fluent in English
- Secondary/Technical School as minimum
- Electronics or A/C avionics background.
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Ability to work a rotating shift roster that spans 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to:
- Climb and work from ladder or platform and,
- Sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and
- to lift up to 50 pounds and
- operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods and
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.