Perform maintenance on Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) IFE systems equipped aircraft under the direct supervision of licensed Maintenance Service Representatives or Maintenance Base Supervisor. Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling, and other aircraft systems/units to ensure that the In Flight Entertainment (IFE) system is operational by using basic computer and electronic theories and test equipment. Remove and replace components and equipment in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures. Complete all administrative duties associated with maintenance actions performed.
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test.
- Troubleshoot system failures down to Line Replaceable Units (LRU), cabling, or other aircraft systems.
- Remove and replace units in accordance with all applicable documentation.
- Assist MSR during A/C sweep, including deploying and stowing seat arms and Screens.
- Clean screens if applicable to contract.
- Assist Software and Media Loading.
- Assist troubleshooting system failures and functional testing post rectification.
- Perform Cabin Sweep’s in accordance with Panasonic LMP’s and report findings.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor.
- Assist in the management of airside inventory, cycle counting and month end audit.
- Complete airside vehicle weekly checks.
- Assist in the packaging and shipping of inventory.
- Ability to determine if a LRU requires replacement.
- Ability to determine if a unit is bad from stock or requires further troubleshooting.
- Ability to use basic troubleshooting equipment and applicable techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Learns to use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- High School or equivalent
- Must have the legal right to work in assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- May require some travel, up to 10% of time, to Maintenance Service line stations, or customer locations for training and/or direct customer support.
- Ability to work under extreme weather conditions, varying degrees of temperature and humidity, and in confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platforms.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
This role will not provide applicants with sponsorship employment benefits or work visas.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.