The Maintenance Planner coordinates flow of work between production departments and maintenance management. The Planner will be an integral contributor in support of the implementation of a new computerized maintenance management system called Panasonic PanaCIM. While PanaCIM is in its early stages of implementation, quick learning and becoming an expert on the system is essential. The main responsibilities of the Planner are to review master production schedules, work orders, establishes priorities, and revises schedule according to work order specifications. Additionally, the Planner will be instrumental in ensuring the maintenance department moves from a reactive mindset to a proactive mindset. Good time management and working independently with minimal supervision is important to ensure success in this role.
- Coordinate, plan, and schedule maintenance activities in the maintenance management system by collaborating with the internal teams
- Building schedules in partnership with the supervisors and leadership personnel in the Maintenance Department
- Plan, coordinate, track, measure, and report tasks involving the maintenance and availability of equipment. Tasks may include preventative, planned, reactive, project, repairs, calibration, and improvements of all equipment
- Audit assignments of work orders
- Consider availability of resources in planning to ensure maintenance schedules and performance expectations are met. This includes maintenance and operations staff, materials, documents, work orders, change orders, parts availability, and necessary approvals to perform work as planned
- Prepare and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual maintenance schedules
- Prepare hourly labor estimations for staff for all upcoming tasks and plan and assign maintenance resources based on skills
- Onboard new equipment and their corresponding maintenance strategies into PanaCIM, confirming relevant information with the Production and Engineering teams
- Prepare reports and metrics by leveraging tracking tools and KPIs within PanaCIM to ensure performance goals are met
- Organize and coordinate unscheduled or emergency equipment repairs while collaborating with production and operation teams
- Conduct initial screening of incoming repair requests, maintenance work orders while communicate with inventory parts teams and maintenance supervisors and develop required levels of planning
- Follow industry best practices with regards to asset management planning and scheduling
- Support all policies, goals, and objectives of the company, and represent the company and the Maintenance Department in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- Conduct necessary follow-ups to ensure all labor hours, materials, and or procedural changes associated with the work are accurately recorded within CMMS, and work is completed in a timely manner
- Actively develops, implement, and ensures compliance is met with the implementation of the PanaCIM system
- Must be a participant on the maintenance and production teams while being responsible for maximizing equipment production and availability
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: GED or High School Equivalency
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience as a maintenance planner
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system to manage maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Prefer electronics and or heavy industry asset management or facilities experience
- An understanding of asset management functions including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic issues and maintenance, and general troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment is desired to allow for more efficient planning
- Familiarity with enterprise asset management software is preferred
- Professional etiquette and ability to operate effectively in a distributed team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate the Maintenance department’s initiatives, strategy and goals
- Effectively communicate site problems concerns and observations to management in a timely manner
- Must have mechanical aptitude, good interpersonal skills, good planning and organizing skills, and a high degree of self-motivation
- Experience in labor and material planning
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Must have a reactive and proactive mindset
- Willingness to flex working hours to support company initiatives and priorities
- Willing to prioritize multiple tasks and demand on resources and accomplish goals
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high performance organization
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 25%
- Walk: 25%
- Stand: 25%
- Lift: 25%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 20 lbs.: Continuous
- Up to 35 lbs.: Continuous
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Continuous
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.