Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, direct, and hold accountable the maintenance teams on shift to perform planned and emergency maintenance
- Evaluate and assesses hourly personnel to determine training needs and develops employees to improve their maintenance skills. Responsible for assessing maintenance impact on line performance with respect to improving uptime, through-puts, and product quality
- Accurately update the computerized maintenance system daily for the responsible shift.
- Accurately maintain Workday (HRIS - labor tracking system) on a daily basis for the responsible shift.
- Communicate daily activity of work order status with Planners, Production Supervisors, and coordinate the shift-to-shift handoff
- Lead troubleshooting activities with maintenance teams and utilize all available resources to correct maintenance issues in an expedient manner. Responsible for the execution of shift plan for planned work orders, PM, training, and capital projects
- Participate in PM development and maintenance budget management with Planners.
- Leads the application of RCA to resolve technical problems in packing, process, warehouse and utilities
- Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Progression
- Identify continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities
- Manages predictive and preventative maintenance technologies and programs
- Reviews and coordinates work requisitions and other related requests for feasibility, approval and assigns priorities and assignments
- Associate’s Degree (2 yr. certificate) or greater or equivalent working experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience performing preventative maintenance
- Experience reading blueprints
- Experience with metric units preferred
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions
- Sensitivity to customer needs and stringent delivery requirements
- Available to work weekends/overtime as needed
- Effectively communicate and interact in a manner that is professional and clear to all levels of fellow team members, customers, and other parties.
- Ability to maintain good attendance
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new applications quickly)
- Intermediate math skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team building skills
- High initiative and self-starter
Must be able to read and understand English instructions, written and verbally.
- Must wear PPE including, safety shoes, clean suit, dust mask or respirator, gloves, safety glasses/safety goggles, hair net.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work up to 12 hour shifts and required OT
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the United States. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.