Pan Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious interns to join the world’s largest lithium ion battery initiative. With superior battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world, Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day at the Gigafactory to support Tesla’s electric vehicle and energy storage businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing full-scale effort to electrify our society.
- Analyzes and evaluates process input/output data to increase utilization and effectiveness.
- Works closely with cross functional team’s to increase understanding of the maintenance management system.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data using statistical analysis methods to identify trends and opportunities relating to maintenance downtime.
- Collaborate with the multiple departments to trial and implement new processes.
- Calculate the financial impact of proposed process improvements
- Drive the sustainment of improvements through use of standard work, PFMEA, control plans, process checks, and other tools
- Other duties may be assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: B.S./M.S. in B.S./M.S. in Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Preferred: None
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student at an accredited four-year college or university.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Completion of at least two years of full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in a Bachelor’s Degree program.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple projects and challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and communicate technical information clearly and concisely.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Previous coursework in battery science, materials analysis, or advanced manufacturing.
- Familiarity with materials analysis instruments including SEM/EDS, XRF, FTIR, X-Ray, etc.
- Hands-on experience through lab research, project teams, or previous jobs.
- A desire to create a sustainable future through energy storage, renewable energy, and electric vehicles.
- Hands-on full-cycle engineering experience acquired through internships, jobs, research, or personal projects
- A desire to create a sustainable future through energy storage, renewable energy, and electric vehicles
- The program will be a fulltime paid summer internship working for Panasonic at the Gigafactory
- Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime student during the time of the internship at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years at an accredited four-year college or university.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- The program will be 12 weeks in length, and is planned to occur between Monday, May 23rd and Friday, August 12th. This date range is subject to change
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.