Maintenance Control Specialist I
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.The Position:
- Hours: 7PM (start time) - 7AM (3 days on 3 days off rotating schedule)
- Create and analyze various reports for management review, including Daily Operations Report listing open deferrals and aircraft with severe IFE degradation. Utilize databases for tracking and problem resolution. Ensure all discrepancies are addressed and rectified in a timely manner.
- Utilize airline approved technical manuals including Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalogs (AIPC), and the Software Configuration Index (SCI). Maintain in-depth knowledge of all products and installations as defined in the assigned service agreement(s).
- Assist with real-time troubleshooting of all IFE system configurations via in-flight or ground based calls. Respond to airline and internal technical questions to develop sustainable solutions to resolve discrepancies expeditiously, while continuing to maintain favorable customer relations.
- Support in-service operations by coordinating throughout the program with functional departments; Logistics, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Program Management, Product Support Engineering, and Customer Support Engineering.
- Keep management informed of all IFE maintenance issues that may impact customers’ service.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or a combination of education and related experience.
- Four years of related experience.
- Engineering, project engineering, or project/program management experience preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of IFE or aircraft systems preferred, including schematics, diagrams, component and aircraft maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs and other technical documents.
- Airline operations and 24/7 technical support center experience preferred.
- IT and network experience highly preferred.
- IFE, cellular and satellite communication experience highly desired.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License preferred.
- Linux Basic and Linux Plus or equivalent experience with the Linux Operating system preferred.
- May require travel (10%) to Maintenance Service line stations, Panasonic Avionics repair shops and/or customer locations for training and/or direct customer support.
- Required to work in an operations center and may be required to work day, swing or night shift.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
Other offerings include:
- Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.