For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at Tesla’s factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar panels.
This collaboration makes optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
As a valued partner and strong customer of Panasonic, Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment for products manufactured at the Riverbend factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening available for a 3rd Shift (overnights) Machine Operator.
What You'll Get to Do:
Sustain and achieve department KPI on daily or monthly basis.
The department KPI as below:
- Production plan achievement rate (On-time delivery)
- Productivity (Output per head)
- Production yield
- Production loss (Failure cost)
- Production cost (Direct/Indirect labor, Depreciation, Indirect material, Power, Maintenance & Repair...)
- Inventory amount and Inventory difference
- To produce products according to standard work.
- To report production results to superior.
- To promote and keep industrial health and safety of production area.
- To maintain and inspection of production equipment.
- To repair of production equipment. (uncomplicated equipment troubles)
- To control and monitor the production materials.(raw materials and sub materials)
- To make stock count.
- To report production issues (productivity, quality, safety…) to superior.
- To conduct briefing on specific policies & procedures for employees/new hires.
- Any other related task assigned to you from time to time by your superior.
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company.
- Responsible for department KPI performance.
- Financial approval limit according to Company Sanction rules.
- Reports to Sub shift leader of Module production section.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a production role
- To have equipment maintenance knowledge and skill
- To have basic electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- To have basic QMS. (Quality Management System)
- Flexibility and Multi-tasking capabilities
- Anticipate client needs and react to them before they are raised
- Strong change leadership skills, customer focus
- Ability to collaborate and form teams
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, business community and employee
- The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
What We Offer:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).