The Machine Learning Engineer creates and implements machine learning models to address engineering and operational issues and drive business decisions. The Machine Learning Engineer takes theoretical data science models and helps scale them to the level of model production for final prediction. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in statistics and programming and preferably knowledge of data science and software engineering. Your ultimate goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research, design and develop new-generation machine learning tools and applications based on the business needs
- Understand and transform data science prototypes. Select the Right Training Data Sets for ML Model Development
- Develop and train the models and tuning their hyperparameters. Perform model tests and experiments.
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tune the test results. Choose and implement the right machine learning algorithm
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks to reduce re-work in future projects.
- Work closely with engineering, operations and executive teams and translate their requirements or thoughts into solutions
- Advanced math skills (linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, group theory)
- Good understanding and strong knowledge in algorithms and statistics
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Hands-on experience with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Hands-on experience with scripting and programming languages like Python, R, GoLang, Julia, Java, C++
- Knowledge of relational NoSQL and SQL databases like Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Cassandra
- Knowledge of software and tools like Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Tableau, JMP
- Knowledge of workflow management and pipeline tools like Airflow, Luigi and Azkaban
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving & communication skills
- Ability to identify and analyze data patterns and quality discrepancies
- Experience leading projects and coordinating with cross-functional teams
- Experience documenting metrics and interpreting them as indicators of data quality.
- Good understanding of various models and phases of SDLC
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux in Desktop and Server environment is a plus
Education and training:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field; Master’s is a plus
- 4+ years as Machine Learning Engineer or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.