Supervisor Responsibilities Include:
- Develop the logistic strategy for PENA from port of origin / port of entry to Gigafactory. The strategy will include Logistics Analysis, Logistics Cost Roadmap, and auditing and approving of costs related to Logistics.
- This leader will have a team of at least one direct report
- Lead the KPI Management of Logistics team.
- Create monthly forecast of costs related to regular deliveries, accessorial charges, demurrage, and detention cost.
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Good understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles and possesses strong technical and analytical skills
- Propose cost saving project and opportunities of improvements in daily operation.
- Budget, Manage and Verify the Freight Fees, Duty/Tax and Inland Fee, POD and BOL for major project for new production lines.
- Assist and educate the Trade compliances for employees for entire Company.
- Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations and procedures are followed.
- Supervise the Logistics Team and distributing workload for smooth execution of the International Import/Export logistics mainly from intercompany Japan.
Operational Responsibilities Include:
- Process all indirect Import and export documents.
- File, Log, Track and Trace all indirect Ocean & Air Cargo and its documents.
- Create and/or monitor forecast for both incoming indirect material and repair goods to overseas.
- Make analysis of weekly, monthly, and yearly trend of logistics data.
- Maintain log of all indirect containers/BL# to approve and handle invoices from carriers.
- Verify the Freight Fees, Duty/Tax and Inland Fee, POD, and BOL etc.
- Allocate and Arrange Air and Ocean (FCL & LCL) shipments from port of entry to warehouse(s) Port Drayage, Full Truckload, Loose Truckload, RoRo, Flat Rack International and Domestic Truck
- Collaborate with overseas supplier for making forecast for inbound indirect material.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accuracy of repair goods in terms of packaging and forecast.
- Claim the damage to Forwarders, Insurance company, warehouse provider, and initiate disposals with various waste management companies and recycling companies and Integrators (FedEx, UPS and DHL)
- Discuss, Negotiate with 3rd Party Rigging Company for rough setting along with our Material Handling Department.
- Find and Order to prepare the special Export Crating, Packing.
- Create and/or monitor commercial invoice and other export documents, including Shippers Letter of Instructions (SLI) and Shippers Export Declaration (SED)
- Coordinate shipping method and scheduling with freight forwarders as well as negotiating, finding cost savings.
- Prepare the shipping documents with various forwarders for export.
- Procure appropriate harmonized tariff schedule numbers for all export merchandise
- Educate Logistics members to prepare the shipping documents via FedEx, UPS and DHL etc including the DG Dec (Dangerous Good Declaration) for Samples, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- 10 years of experience in logistics, transportation and international freight forwarding, with focus on Ocean & Air Import/Export
- One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas, Japan
- Flexibility to solve the issues without fixed thinking.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint to put together proposals, project planning and status updates and executive presentations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Japanese language skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.