Panasonic Logistics Specialist
Meet the Recruiter: Tanya Aharonov
Explore Panasonic Careers
Panasonic Video Our Mission: Create Technologies That Move Us
- Process all Import and export documents
- File, Log, Track and Trace all Ocean & Air Cargo and its documents
- Handle and Arrange Air and Ocean (FCL & LCL) with knowledge of import/export Customs laws, practices and procedures for every project
- Order and prepare the special Export Crating, Packing.
- Create and/or monitor commercial invoice and other export documents, including Shippers Letter of Instructions (SLI) and Shippers Export Declaration (SED)
- Procure appropriate harmonized tariff schedule numbers for all export merchandise
- Coordinate shipping method and scheduling with freight forwarders
- Prepare the shipping documents via FedEx, UPS and DHL etc including the DG Dec (Dangerous Good Declaration) for Samples, etc.
- Verify the Freight Fees, Duty/Tax and Inland Fee, POD and BOL etc
- Claim the damage to Forwarders, Integrators (FedEx, UPS and DHL)
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Associate Degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- 1-2 years of experience in logistics, transportation and international freight forwarding, with focus on Ocean & Air Import/Export
- One to three years of previous experience in freight forwarding industry preferred
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas, Japan
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint to put together proposals, project planning and status updates and executive presentations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Language Skills: Japanese language skill are a plus. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.