Panasonic – Logistics Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
PNA Logistics prides itself on delivering Lean solutions across a wide range of logistics functions. The Logistics Specialist will support a high performance team, have the opportunity to collaborate with global stakeholders and provide key operational support for import/export processing. Great opportunity to play a key role in PNA's supply chain optimization by ensuring our overseas team meet Logistics performance KPI's and standards.
What you will get to do:
Track & trace and operational process management for import/export processing. Assist immediate manager and team in daily import/export operations.
Support end-to-end processing and tracking to ensure proper booking to final delivery. Facilitate communication and visibility alignment on operations amongst all related parties.
- Partner with business units and track and trace team
- Determine root cause of issues
- Collaborate and create corrective action plans
- Take preventative measure to avoid delays at the port
- Take corrective action with carriers when problems occur
- Support month-end customs clearance issues and expedite deliveries to meet month-end objectives
Develop process for rate management:
- Receive and process all necessary rate requests
- Verify rate data and assist data analytics team to upload rate files into system
- Validate rates and maintain accurate records
- Partner with procurement team to ensure correct rates, routings and nominations are supplied
- Partner with business units to provide volume estimate and work with origin logistics teams to allocate space
- Review all disputes with carriers to allow freight payment to process timely
Develop and improve select program process:
- Provide monthly utilization report
- Maintain supplier mapping
- Provide SI and maintain SI records
- Compare actual monthly utilization with forecast, communicate and collaborate with suppliers to improve forecast and report accuracy
- Support end-to-end process development and management for import/export operational improvements.
- Establish correct report structures
- Assist in providing accurate and timely tracking
- Establish programs to alert BU’s of delay/issues
- Monitor monthly carrier Usage
- Clean up SCAC Codes reporting
- All related KPI development, monitoring, & enforcement
Education & Experience:
- College degree required with preference in Business and Logistics/Supply Chain related fields.
- 2 years of experience in logistics and/or supply chain environment preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills are required as well as PowerPoint and
- Knowledge of Power BI is a strong plus.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Effective communication across both verbal and written formats
- Must be able to analyze & breakdown data/information to identify root cause and develop appropriate countermeasures
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Reports to immediate supervisor for direction and input
- Communicates with other import/export team members to coordinate/facilitate processing as needed
- Communicates with business units contacts and IT team to help uncover and address pending items
- Coordinate with external parties such as track & trace team and origin logistics group for support as needed
- Approximately 10% travel may be required. (domestic/international)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.