Panasonic – Logistics Planning Analyst
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Support the functions to generate logistics-related analytics and reports. Communicate with the vendor(s) which will provide us with the resources to create the reports on a day-to-day basis and ensure the accuracy and timeliness to submit the reports. Create templates for canned reports depending upon the business requirements and work on the ad-hoc reports depending upon the complexity and needs within the company. Guide vendor(s) by sharing the knowledge base and skills to maximize the performance of the planning operations.
Standardizing reports and KPI:
- Create and maintain standard report templates for all daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports.
- Develop and Maintain SOP’s for all the reports created.
- Develop new KPI’s to monitor current operations and flag any abnormalities immediately.
- Make sure the reports generated are within 99% accuracy.
- As a point person to receive all requests regarding ad-hoc reports, ensure that all of the ad-hoc reports are completed in a timely fashion and with accuracy. Depending upon the complexity and the size of the projects as well as the requested timeframe, ensure that the resources in a remote location are effectively utilized.
- Utilize the skills and knowledge to develop and maintain the inbound and outbound transportation rating engines by applying multiple logics and assumptions that are applied in the logistics operations appropriately so that the output from such rating engines are within 99% accuracy compared to the actual freight costs that are paid via the actual invoices.
- Support FPS team with identifying Inbound rating issues and help improve the current process to support business efficiency.
- Adopt advanced IT technologies and software solutions that are available in the market to perform highly technical logistics simulations and analyses with the purpose of developing the most efficient logistics programs that will best fit the ever-changing business models and processes.
Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Software:
- Monitor/verify data integrity coming across in reports from Data Warehouse.
- Work with Panasonic IT Dept. to help improve functionality of Data Warehouse.
- Support Optimization of SSRS reporting and data visualization.
- Create and Manage KPI reporting using Power BI
- Support the remote analytics operations by evaluating the daily/weekly/monthly KPI and by working with individuals who are assigned to each of the tasks.
- Develop and coordinate a streamlined reporting approach for all off-site logistics analysts.
- Guide the outsourcers/vendors by sharing the knowledge base and skills to improve their skills in analyzing and understanding business.
- As liaison between the outsourcers and Panasonic, the position will ensure smooth communication between the two entities and timely submission based on the commitment made to the recipients of such reports.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- College degree in technology with major in computer science preferred or Information Technology preferred.
- Experience in multi-cultural corporate environment is preferred.
- Possess business knowledge of consumer/B2B electronics.
- Knowledge of database reporting packages (e.g. SAP,Cognos,SSRS, Microstategy etc.) , Power BI and Microsoft Office software suite.
Travel Required 10%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.