Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
By aligning the team to work with respective PNA sales companies and other operational units and departments, the Manager will work closely with the Directors of PNA-Logistics Solutions and Operations and other PNA members to develop and execute the team’s logistics and supply-chain strategies and ideas to reduce cost, shorten lead time and enhance the service performance and efficiencies, while synchronizing the efforts with the direction and objectives that are set forth by each of the respective sales companies or factories.
- Conceptualize / establish project plans (determine the parties to involve, map out the project plan / schedule, outline the pros and cons including benefits) and promote / implement the plan
- Create logistics strategies to better improve logistics and SCM operations for the sales company and factories.
- Work closely with Senior Management to implement supply-chain / logistics improvement projects for Panasonic Sales companies and factories.
- Establish & Execute “Agent of Focus and Change (AFC)” and non-AFC logistic initiatives by clarifying / outlining the value propositions, scopes, time-lines, key milestones along with quantifiable benefits.
- Create standard operating procedures for each one of the initiatives when executing the projects.
- Develop a co-operative and committed work culture within the team and with other business units including IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Product Group and other departments within the sales company community and shared service functions such as Risk Management, Legal and others.
- Provide out of the box ideas - as part of the core management team, the Manager will constantly suggest new ideas by applying new technologies and best-practice / processes in the industry, throughout the supply / demand chain processes, including the ones that are related to logistics, which shall contribute to cost and lead time reduction and increase efficiencies for the company’s operation.
- Provide an end-to-end logistics and SCM solutions from material purchase to finished goods delivery to the end user / consumer. (coverage: inbound, warehousing, optimization and outbound logistics operations / control.)
- Analyze logistics cost and KPI performance (Inbound, warehouse, outbound)
- Identify the issues and provide solutions to overcome / better improve the operation.
- Project saving analysis
- Outline the potential savings and keep track of the progress.
- Evaluate PNA-Logistics performance through benchmarking.
- Objectively measure PNA-Logistics performance / competitiveness.
- Study trends in the logistics industry and propose best practices & solutions
- Establish a SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for each operational area.
- Work with department heads of inbound logistics, warehouse operations & transportation team to summarize company’s P&P (Policy & Procedure) and SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
- Liaise domain / factory and sales company.
- Ensure smooth and consistent communication with the domain and respective sales company. (enhance / accelerate communication via e-mail, conference calls, TV conference and other means of communication.)
- Minimum BA degree in Business, Logistics or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in Logistics and supply chain
- Managerial experience in logistics and/or transportation field is preferred.
- Advanced PC skills – MS office; Access, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Good understanding of logistics and the supply chain.
- Advanced knowledge and skills for Business Objects preferred
- Analysis, fact finding and problem solving is strongly required. Analysis requires assembling facts and evidence from variety of sources / data by applying the proper analytical methodology.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
Travel Required approximately 10%.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.