Panasonic – Logistics Operations Supervisor - Lean Six Sigma
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Monitor and ensure operation is within compliance & established service levels via KPI and proactive engagement w/ all related personnel (including both internal organization and customers) for the below areas.
- Import shipment information processing to avoid customs compliance infractions
- Timely customs process & related transport coordination
- Effective communication and clear visibility on shipment progression and/or delays
- Solution development & execution of shipment recovery to preserve original service expectation
- Develop & maintain partnership w/ carriers/forwarders to meet evolving business needs
- Ensure operational process adherence to uphold standard on both import/export trade compliance controls
Process development and management for import/export processing, including but not limited to information management, brokerage, compliance, export, FTZ, & etc. Assist immediate manager and team in daily import operations.
Develop & drive operations related projects through standard project cycles from creation to completion/evaluation. Facilitate & manage cross functional project teams to achieve targeted improvements.
Service Provider Management
- Drive improvements in various aspects of service provider performance, which may include but not be limited to
- Rate quotation support & related carrier/forwarder contract management support
- Internal & external clearance programs & related brokerage processing performance
- Track & trace service & related status/data visibility
- RFQ support & coordination with carriers & internal businesses
- All related KPI development, monitoring, & enforcement
Process/Project Management & Operational Improvement
Coordinate with management, peers, and other internal/externa cross functional teams to uncover operational opportunities and develop corresponding processes/solutions. Areas of scope may include but not be limited to:
- Rate management & rating reconciliation
- Capacity management & supply/transit planning
- Performance within each logistics/supply chain touchpoint (ex. ocean line, terminal, rail, etc.)
- Import & export entry processing & related compliance enforcement
- Physical delivery & corresponding tracking data visibility
- System/application/module setup & functionality
Develop, monitor, & enforce KPIs relevant to each relevant operational area/function to ensure continual process improvement, which may include but not be limited to:
- Transit & delivery performance
- Quotation turnover
- Import & export processing performance
- 3rd party service provider (ex. warehouse, broker, etc.) performance
Lead and support daily operation via daily collaboration & proactive engagement w/ direct report & other related service providers
- Develop positive organization/team culture
- Foster team development & cross training
- Ensure corporate and functional compliance
- Support escalation & drive for timely resolution w/ corresponding parties
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- College degree required with preference for business and logistics related fields.
- Must have experience in LEAN or SIX SIGMA project planning & management in order to be considered for this role
- 5+ years of experience in logistics and/or supply chain environment preferred.
- Travel may be required.15%~20%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.