Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive, and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- New Warehouse Setup
- Lead site WH selection process working closely with PEXNA Real Estate, PEXNA Procurement, Business Unit Finance, Future Supply Chain site leadership. Prepare Business Case, seek approval from stakeholders.
- Co-lead 3PL selection process working closely with PEXNA Procurement, Business Unit Finance, Future Supply Chain Site leadership. Prepare Business case, seek approval from stakeholders.
- Participate in RFP for 3PL selection.
- Develop 3PL evaluation criteria.
- Participate in site visits, answer all needed questions,
- Evaluating 3PL vendors through final selection.
- Co-lead contract negotiations, SOW negotiations with PEXNA Procurement and Business Unit Site leadership till execution.
- WMS development – participate in WMS related operations documentation requirement, WMS project review and working closely with 3PL for on-time WMS implementation, Participate in UAT
- WH Go-Live – On-site support during go-live, on-site support through stabilization phase, work closely with 3PL, PECNA & PEXNA to mitigate any issues with 3PL relationship.
- Develop SOP and templates for all steps from Identifying WH, 3PL, WMS, Implementation for future use.
Distribution and Logistics Network Management
- Utilize expert logistics knowledge and experience to evaluate the logistics needs of the supported business and sales company.
- Create logistics solutions and strategies to address the identified needs to improve logistics and SCM operations.
- Work closely with PEXNA Procurement on domestic transportation requirements for Direct material as well as Machinery import as needed.
- Analyze existing Network and develop business case to improve network by reducing cost and improving service.
- Project Management from Solution design to execution.
- Establish and monitor Key Success Factors to ensure successful execution.
- Develop a co-operative and committed work culture within the Logistics team and with other business units including IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Product Group and other departments.
- Provide out of the box logistics ideas by applying new technologies and best practice and processes that contribute to cost and lead time reduction and increase efficiencies.
- Provide End-to-End logistics and SCM solutions from material purchase to finished goods delivery for inbound, warehousing, optimization and outbound logistics operations and control.
- Conceptualize, promote, implement project plans by determining the parties involved, mapping project plan or schedule, outlining the cost benefit analysis.
- Serve as the project manager to plan, develop, and execute the scope, deliverables, required resources, schedule, budget, and sequencing for new solutions
- Create standard operating procedures for each solution or initiative when executing the projects.
- Maintain and drive project standards of customer satisfaction, schedule, quality, cost and performance.
- Cultivate quality relationship with Kansas Factory Dock team, 3PL management team and PECNA leadership by participating in daily meetings, investigations, reviews and developing open communication serving as the subject matter expert to support production and ensure goals are met and maintained.
- Participate in any damage report investigations and ensure responsibilities are identified within 48 hours.
- Establish daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly warehouse operations reviews at appropriate levels to control operations.
- Serve as the business owner for the Warehouse Management System, WMS, and related WMS controls, if chosen WMS is Panasonic solution
- Tracks and supports analysis of warehousing KPIs, savings, liabilities and risks
- Indirectly manages 3PL operating the warehouse
- Reports to directly to Director of PEXNA Logistics Operations, dotted line to PENA Logistics Manager
- No direct reports and no budget responsibility
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience
- Minimum BA degree in Data Analytics, Business, or logistics. MBA or master’s degree in Supply Chain preferred.
- 8 plus years of progressive warehousing experience
- 3 plus years of warehouse management related experience.
- Managerial experience in logistics and or transportation and or 3PL field is preferred.
- Continuous Improvement experience required - Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Advanced PC skills - MS office, MS Access, PowerPoint and MS Excel required.
- Strong collaboration skills to maintain open cooperation with multiple stakeholders within different business units
- Natural problem-solving skills are necessary to own the process and maintain required data flows
- Well-developed analysis and fact-finding skills grounded in methodology and evidentiary sourcing.
- Able to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Provide frequent, and at times complex, explanation often to high-level contacts and executive management
- Present to various sized groups to promote ideas.
- Travel Required approximately less than 20 percent
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $90,000- $115,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!