Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Provide basic to intermediate legal department support for an international technology company with locations in over eighty countries. Interact with Company and subsidiary attorneys and staff on a routine basis. Interface with Panasonic personnel and external contacts to coordinate departmental efforts.
- Develop expertise on relevant subjects in order to provide basic- to intermediate-level substantive support to the Legal Department in one or more of the following areas:
- Preparation, review and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements
- Branch office registrations and de-registrations, corporate governance, and corporate expansion activities
- Tasks supporting department attorneys’ and legal professionals’ areas of expertise, such as labor & employment, corporate governance, data privacy, cybersecurity, intellectual property, commercial transactions, mergers & acquisitions, bankruptcy, and licensing and regulatory matters
- Perform administrative, operational and strategic activities supporting the above areas as well as the day-to-day work of the Legal department:
- Facilitate innovations designed to improve departmental efficiency and impact
- Perform data gathering and basic analysis of data
- Provide input into drafting, revising, and implementing related policies and procedures
- Assist in developing templates, work instructions and training for Legal Department staff and internal customers who require Legal Department support
- Assist in creating, editing and presenting reports, agendas, communications, and other materials
- Assist in preparing and filing legal documents with appropriate governmental and regulatory entities;
- Create and maintain databases, trackers, calendars, etc., of tasks, projects, information and documents
- Route documents for approval, coordinate signatures, and ensure timely delivery of legal documents to other offices and third parties
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned, in support of the various functions of the department and organization
- Ability to interface effectively with attorneys and staff and others internally and externally to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Ability to set priorities, be self-motivated, meet routine deadlines, and resolve basic to intermediate level problems with an understanding of the business and legal environments, with moderate supervision and escalation as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to employees.
- Demonstrated adaptability, creativity and flexibility to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
- Works exceptionally well under pressure with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Possesses sound judgment and is very detail oriented.
- Proficient in MS Office software including MS Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint. Also strong SharePoint and Visio capabilities.
- Knowledge of the inflight entertainment, satellite based telecommunications, and global avionics maintenance services related industries preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Experience working on legal/compliance-related topics preferred
- Experience at a multinational and technology-based company preferred
- Ability to travel, up to 10% domestic, 5% international.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.