Panasonic – Lead Software Systems Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will be part of a talented Engineering team that will be responsible for delivering a software platform with the highest levels of performance, robustness and security. Primary responsibility is to own the hardware layer interface and the System Requirements between the software platform and hardware devices (Panasonic hardware and Third-party hardware). Qualified candidates will have a strong background in computer systems engineering or computer science or similar.
System Requirements Management:
- Own and manage the Software System Capabilities and System Requirements. Ensure the system requirements are adhered to by all parties involved. Create and Maintain the system test cases to ensure the Test team provides full systems test coverage.
- Work closely with the Product Line Manager / Product Owner to ensure the System Requirements requested by the Business team can be achieved, strategically makes sense and then work with the engineering teams to develop a plan for implementation.
- Plan and execute proof-of-concepts of systems integration with new hardware devices or new systems proposed by the Business team
System Testing and Robustness:
- Build and manage a fully operational Systems Integration Lab which will be used by the Engineering teams and the Systems Engineer for systems integration and validating functionality of a fully operational system
- Responsible to qualify the system functionality delivered by the engineering teams meet the spirit and intent of the stories written by the Product Line Manager / Product Owner and solves business needs and use cases developed by the Sales Engineers
- Own and manage the system interface between the Panasonic Logiscend Software Platform and Hardware devices, both Panasonic and third party.
- Own and manage the RESTful API document which is the contract between the Logiscend software platform and external enterprise software systems, such as MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems or SAP)
- To be successful, the systems engineer needs to work closely with the Software and the Hardware team (sometimes external vendors) to ensure the system functionality is robust
Sales and Field Engineering Support:
- Maintain and support the field demo systems (software & hardware). Scripting and a software background is a must-have for this responsibility
- Customer facing role as needed, working with the Sales Engineers to understand customer issues and solutioning. Understand the customer system requirements and ensure current capabilities and document future needs
- Troubleshoot Level 3 system issues from field engineering as needed
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS degree Computer System Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- Specific business tasks and objectives which will vary by project, but require:
- 10+ years systems engineering experience, managing customer facing enterprise software systems
- Strong software background with experience developing software, working with customer facing software and hardware products required.
- SQL database experience preferred
- Experience with RFID & network communication technologies a plus.
- Experience working with customers to support production installs, customer implementation support and escalation support is a plus.
- Relocation assistance available
- A winning attitude, self-motivated, personally accountable and determined team player, able to accept direction
- Awareness of risk management and mitigation techniques
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and testers using a scrum based agile software development methodology
- Work closely with product managers to understand requirements and design software solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Strong, frequent written and verbal communication to peer and management audiences
- Detail oriented, demanding completeness and adherence to highest standards with excellent time and project management skill
- Experienced with distributed team project development across time zones and cultures
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (30%) and / or participate in off hours meetings with offshore team partners regularly
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.