- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communications skills -- must be able to read, write, and have excellent verbal skills.
- Read tape measure and have basic mathematical skills
- Read and interpret drawings/blueprints
- Working understanding of Lean concepts
- Must be able to operate a forklift, utility cart and motorized pallet jack, however, it may not be a requirement in all departments
- Must have knowledge of the required processes and procedures within department.
- Must have at least one year of experience
- Must be flexible and available to work overtime as required by production needs.
- Provide guidance and leadership, and serve as a source of technical knowledge.
- Receive work assignments through oral and/or written instructions from supervisor or appropriate source.
- Assign work projects and tasks to department personnel as directed by supervisor, while meeting required production practices and safety regulations.
- Ensure department employees possess all needed information and tools to complete assigned work, including identifying parts and raw materials shortages.
- Assist the Supervisor in providing assistance, training, and retraining to new and/or reassigned employees.
- Maintain/oversee work area maintenance and cleaning to assure compliance with 5S/lean manufacturing system.
- Lead persons are considered working leads, and will be expected to perform regular duties in the department in addition to their lead responsibilities.
- Computer skills, including Baan, Lotus Notes, Word, and Excel preferred
- Observe and follow safety rules and regulations.
- Support Lean Initiatives through 5S, 4I, LDMS, ACP’s, RAT’s, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Capabilities Based on Daily Work Schedule of 5 day work week, 8 hour shift:
1 - 3
4 - 5 hours
4 - 5 hours
Up to a maximum of 50 lbs
Operates forklift, utility cart and pallet jack.