Panasonic – Lead Payroll Analyst
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Lead Payroll Analyst role will lead the day-to-day transactional activities of payroll operations required for Panasonic Corporation of North America Shared Services including, but not limited to, data entry, mass uploads, reversals/replacements, and payroll processing jobs (e.g., build to gross and gross to net). The position is based in Newark, New Jersey and reports to the Payroll Manager also located in Newark. The Lead Payroll Analyst will be responsible for the processing of Workday payroll, oversight and submission of jobs, and verification of payroll processing sequence and completeness.
- Lead payroll process on Workday product; ensure on-time payment to employees and statutory agencies. Process payroll changes and other special transactions including new hires, terminations, transfers, rate changes, address changes, and various allowances.
- Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to processing.
- Process special payrolls including bonuses and year-end adjustments, if necessary.
- Create and analyze reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the Payroll Manager.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payroll withholding rules and regulations.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Desk Top Procedures) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date description of processes.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of payroll and back-up fellow team member’s during absences.
- Assist the Payroll Manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
- Support Employee Services to ensure employee inquiries are answered within the current SLA, in a professional and respectful manner.
- Communicate and resolve payroll issues with employees such as vacation, sick leave, banking, garnishments, payroll deductions, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, etc.
- Responds to inquiries from government agencies including unemployment earnings information, state disability insurance and garnishments.
- Responsible for supporting the execution, research and review of payroll special projects as directed by Senior Payroll Manager.
- Prepare, develop, and update procedures to ensure the department is in compliance with all requirements.
- Test changes and upgrades within system regarding Time Tracking, Leave Plans, new earnings and deduction codes, and tax regulation changes.
- Regression testing to ensure updated changes did not have a negative effect on other customers, pay groups, and jurisdictions.
- On-boarding of employee payroll into current structure due to mergers and acquisitions.
- Ensure payroll systems are appropriately set up to remain compliant with country/state regulatory legislation related to payroll.
- Automate and streamline internal procedures due to operational business changes within corporate or its subsidiaries.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ year of experience supporting time and payroll systems in a large corporate environment
- Workday or Oracle HCM/Payroll/Time Tracking is required for consideration of this role
- Experience with large multi-company (FEINs – legal entities), multi-jurisdiction payroll and tax is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of U.S. wage & hour laws, garnishments, and payroll tax withholding rules at the federal, state and local levels.
- Experience in a shared service center environment is preferred.
- Experience working on payroll projects is required.
- Ability to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements is required.
- Strong Excel skills
- American Payroll Association (CPP) certification preferred.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.