- Read and understand detailed plans and submittals as related to specific installations of refrigeration equipment and building automation systems.
- Provide installation or instruct others on control wiring, power wiring and electrical components as required per the project drawings.
- Able to understand and complete the vacuum process to achieve industries standards or customer requirements.
- Provide final termination of all control wiring as necessary.
- Ability to do overhead layout and run line sets, case lineup, pipe and layout drains, demo walk-in, install new, hang, pipe, drain evaporator coils, pressurize, pull vacuums and pump down rack, add system to rack and perform oil changes, and efficiently troubleshoot supermarket refrigeration equipment.
- Provide installation of controls as necessary to ensure complete operation of newly installed and existing equipment and building automation systems.
- Complete necessary documents (time sheets) in a thorough, accurate and timely manner to complete necessary customer paperwork for invoicing requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend plans and blueprints as appropriate to trade regarding the installation of all cabling, communication loops, and components associated with the installation of energy management, refrigerant leak systems and refrigeration load requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
- Performs start-up and functionality checking on newly installed HVAC, plumbing and electrical components, equipment and systems. Checks newly installed equipment for operation I/A/W engineering or factory specifications. Ensures all components and systems are installed per applicable city and trade code. Works directly with other subcontractors or vendors to insure proper operation of equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and direction.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High school or 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred level: Technical degree
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 10 year of exp with HS/GED
- EPA 608 Level III Certification required.
- Valid Driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and out of town as required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities/task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- High level of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Strong customer focus skills.
- Strong project management skills and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to making decisions, learn quickly, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment. Work effectively in diverse team environment.
- Ability to work both individually and Lead a team with minimum supervision.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factors.