Panasonic – Lead Innovation Researcher
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will conduct market research studies to identify and understand emerging transportation markets, being vigilant to new business opportunities. You will gather, analyze, and present actionable consumer, market, and competitor insights to a wide variety of stakeholders. Your work will shape the strategic direction of our business by providing strategic recommendations that inform our marketing, business strategy, and product development decisions.
This position will report to the Vice President of NextLab.
- Independently conceive, lead, and conduct qualitative studies that drive strategic and tactical marketing, business, and product decisions
- Create clear and compelling market research storylines that are strategically sound and emotionally provocative to inform business strategy, the development of product roadmaps, enhance marketing efforts, drive engineering efforts, and provide early warning for strategic course corrections
- Develop a deep understanding of the transportation landscape including, but not limited to, products, markets, competitors, etc., and develop frameworks to synthesize this understanding into insights for the business, e.g. segmentation models, competitive analysis, etc.
- Lead innovation and design workshops with cross-functional partners to convert insights into action.
- Develop comprehensive research plans designed to explore, and subsequently validate, business or product opportunities.
- Identify and explore white space opportunities in the connected mobility space.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Market Research, Psychology, Social Science, or related field (bonus for a Master’s or PhD);
- Extensive years of experience conducting market research in a technology-related field;
- Proficiency in conducting end-to-end research studies;
- Demonstrated ability to influence product priorities and roadmap/strategy decisions;
- Expert-level understanding, and experience with, using leading-edge qualitative research methodologies and technologies to deliver consumer and market insights;
- Expert-level proficiency of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and when/how to use them;
- Experience mentoring and coaching cross-functional team members;
- Market research, consumer insights, or related experience in either a supplier-side or client-side environment with a strong consumer focus;
- Experience conducting B2B market research a plus;
- Experience leading workshops that convert insights to action;
- Experience with Design Thinking;
- Experience managing vendors relationships a plus;
- Expert in methodological design (including approach, protocol, survey/questionnaire and output/deliverables)
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships across an organization to align insights to each line of business and ensure research projects meet today and future business needs.
- It would be a bonus if you understand and are able to implement the “Jobs to be Done” framework to articulate opportunities and business strategies within existing customers and future ones, grounded in data and insights
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Self-starter—always looking for opportunities to improve something and will jump in to fix things without being asked;
- An expert storyteller with the ability to influence business decisions;
- An independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary;
- Flourishes in ambiguity;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to think both analytically and creatively—balance left and right brain—people person as well as data person.
- Majority of team sits in Denver, Colorado. Will consider remote candidates.
- Travel for research post-Covid up to 35%.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.