Panasonic – Lead Field Service Technician
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What you will get to do:
Perform a variety of field service work to include, machine operations, maintenance training, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, machine repair, modifications, programming, preventative maintenance, and technical supervision with limited to no support.
- Carries out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair factory automation equipment at customer sites, with 80% travel weekly.
- Maintain a relationship with partners management/supervisors.
- Join weekly scheduling meeting when Manager is unavailable with Mazak and/or HK Laser.
- Develop relationship with Japan counter parts to process warranty claims and product needs.
- Able to travel to Japan or remote locations for training/educational classes.
- Process weekly expenses when Manager is unavailable.
- Process weekly timecards when Manager is unavailable.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any issues that arise.
- Operates and programs machines, understanding all technical aspects and machine parameter functions.
- Specialize in multiple pieces of equipment. Able to troubleshoot and repair any electrical, mechanical, or optical on said pieces of equipment.
- Prepares standard equipment documentation and reports to include service reports, Expense reports, and others as directed.
- Provides customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straightforward manner.
- Provides extensive training to other techs on equipment for other service techs increase team skill levels
- Provides support for others while performing own required tasks.
- Prepare and submit documentation for efficient invoicing.
- Maintain company property for safe operation and maximum utilization.
- Efficiently manage business expenses to maximize profitability.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and assist in the establishment of the preventative maintenance schedules with customers and service coordinator.
- Have or obtain a passport.
- Have or obtain and maintain a clean driver’s license.
- Travel includes North America with air travel.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree in Laser/Electro/Optics or equivalent is required.
- Five or more years related experience, including troubleshooting.
- Functional PC and appropriate software skills required.
- Ability to use hand tools, meters, gauges, schematics, and jigs to adjust and maintain proper machine calibration and performance.
- Ability to travel extensively 95%, primarily, United States, with possibility of Mexico, Canada, and Japan always on short notice. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong attention to details, meeting deadlines and commitments required. Strong diagnostics and technical aptitude, including knowledge of AC & DC electrical, mechanical, and optical systems.
- Commitment to company Core Values
- Strong/written oral communication skills are required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.