You will be the prime coordinator leading activities for all refrigeration system controller applications, enhancements, and engineering advancements. You will also create value and innovation to the system controls products using technology enablers by understanding market drivers, strategic requirements, and customer needs. You will report to Director, Electronics & Controls.
- Work with product engineering, marketing, manufacturing, Quality, and others to capture functional requirements and design documents for electronic controls for refrigerated systems, parallel racks, packaged units, and subcomponents.
- Lead the process in architecting the best solution by understanding business expectations, working with control suppliers, assessing technical/market maturity and risks.
- Work collaboratively with both onshore and offshore development/validation teams to develop value-added algorithms, network protocols, and architecture extensions for system controls.
- Provides technical guidance, scopes new projects related to features, new technology assessments, and application development for system controls.
- Lead and participate in formal design reviews of system controls and subcomponent requirements, hardware assessments, schematics, layouts, software.
- Work with the quality team in developing quality/reliability assessment methods and documentation.
- Develop performance and qualification test methods, coordinate the implementation of experiments, and evaluate test results.
- Lead multiple third-party system integration activities by working with different BAS/EMS systems and ensuring the coordinated release of application software.
- Leverage internal and external technical expertise to develop innovative ideas, match new technologies to markets needs and opportunities resulting in sustainable competitive advantage in our core and adjacent markets.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering, or any other equivalent
- 7 years of experience with application development, validation, and troubleshooting of control systems.
- Extensive experience in developing, managing application software for programmable platforms, PLC, and embedded controls using programming languages like C/C++, structured texts, function blocks, etc.
- Experience developing Controls algorithms, product sequence of operations, and entire control systems.
- Experience with one or multiple communications protocols like CAN, BACnet, Modbus, TCP/IP using wired or wireless.
- Experience in validating software operation in electronic equipment controls incorporating both application level and circuitry level analysis.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with controls development in refrigeration, HVAC, or other related industry.
- Experience with electronic analysis methodologies, in using development/validation toolsets and associated instrumentation.
- Experience in preparing/presenting technical information, training materials to other functional groups, customers, and leadership.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on an independent basis as well as, on a project team.
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.