Panasonic – Lead Embedded Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The senior embedded design engineer will continue development of Panasonic’s newest generation of active and visual RFID tags for use in manufacturing and supply chain environments, as well as in support of legacy products. The position requires the design of electronics with integrated radios and programming of 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers for use in power critical, cost sensitive, battery powered products. A strong background with embedded Linux applications is a must. Experience with BLE and similar protocols is also a must. Experience with low power battery powered designs is a must.
- Main responsibilities of this position include designing and implementing firmware for microcontrollers running bare metal (non-OS based) as well as familiarity with Linux based systems.
- Engage with global IIoT team value chain to develop specifications ensuring that all firmware, hardware and product designs conform to acceptable product metrics.
- Expertise with implementations various protocols (i.e. BLE) particularly in embedded in devices.
- Design and develop projects as an individual contributor taking guidance from team leadership.
- Lead the certification process for radio-based products including FCC, IC, CCC.
- Accept accountability for timely delivery schedules.
- Achieve critical design for cost requirements.
- Provide support for prototype fabrication and debug as well as large scale global manufacturing introduction and product delivery.
- Receive and interpret input from customers and sales regarding changes and enhancements for specific product performance requirements.
- Develop accurate and complete product documentation including engineering drawings, product specifications and customer user guides.
- Engage with customer(s) and the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) function to define test plans and associated metrics to be used to verify expected performance.
- Familiarity with cyber security concerns, regulations, and design practices. Compliance and IP concerns when using OSS is required.
What You’ll Bring:
- This senior role is an individual contributor position within a larger engineering and production development team
- Reports to Director, R&D (Hardware)
Education & Experience:
- BS Electrical Engineer or Computer Engineer
- MSEE or other graduate degree a plus
- 10+ years progressive experience in hands-on design engineering roles.
- Recent experience with latest families of microcontrollers, firmware, radios and design automation tools.
- Veterans with required skills and background will be given strong consideration
- Strong Electronics background including circuit design and debug.
- Experience writing embedded Linux applications.
- Experience writing firmware for bare metal microcontrollers (NXP, Silicon Labs, ST, Nordic)
- Development experience with C.
- GUI utility development with C#, Python or similar.
- Git Hub experience
- Experience using logic analyzer, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and network analyzer.
- Written and spoken English is required
- Ability to work in shared office space
- Ability to work remotely, as required
- Ability to set up, update and move computing and standard office equipment
- Ability to work with required lab equipment as specified above, including moving and setup, setting up antenna arrays, etc
- Ability to debug firmware and basic electronic hardware
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.