As a key member of the NPI team, our NPI Electrical Design Engineer will apply engineering best practices to develop and document the complete electrical design solution for our projects. The NPI Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for creating schematics, wiring diagrams, sequence of operations, component layouts, rack controller I/O, and bills of material. Our NPI Electrical Engineer will actively work with customers, manufacturing, quality, and service departments during manufacturing, system verification, and field startup. This candidate will lead the new product electrical engineering project and task activities by assuming full technical responsibility for the NPI project.
- Lead the electrical design on NPI projects adhering to department goals and standards
- Design electrical systems and controls
- Implement knowledge and skills related to electrical power distribution and controls
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales to in-order to develop a product design document
- Work with vendors to collect data and requirements for components
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of Hussmann products in comparison to other manufactures
- Communicate requirements and changes to all relevant departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 7+ years of directly related engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience specific to electrical design
- Broad refrigeration product knowledge with proven experience in developing electrical, electronic components and electronic and power sub-systems for parallel compressor products.
- Strong knowledge and experience in sequence of operation, I/O layouts and design, programming logic and controls (micro-processor based as well as PLC).
- Have broad industry product, systems and controls knowledge.
- Experience drafting in the latest version of AutoCAD. The minimum requirements in drafting proficiency shall include the ability to create from scratch and edit electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Technical understanding of circuit design and electro-mechanical and electronic component functionality. Select project electrical components based on the project specific design requirements and company standards.
- Experience maintaining state of the art awareness and knowledge of latest technology in power systems, relay protections, VFDs, refrigeration electro-mechanical and electronic components, design tools, and methodologies. Implement knowledge and skills related with the electrical power distribution and control.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and interviewing skills in-order to extract design intent from customers and translate the requirements into a product design document.
- Ability to discuss advantages and disadvantages of Hussmann products in comparison to other manufacturers.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- 25% travel.
- Have broad industry product and systems knowledge, preferably with some experience in working for other refrigeration system manufacturers.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes, innovative ideas, and changes. These individuals are open to learn new processes, technologies, and tools.
- Have knowledge of the application engineering tools. Support the development of new tools in- order to introduce new technologies and products. Work closely with application engineers and sustaining engineering in-order to maintain current tools with respect to new products.
- Lead efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the business and a thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business.
- Manages workload effectively with general direction given.
- Have the ability to prepare and present technical solutions that will meet product requirements.
- Knowledgeable of problem-solving tools and techniques, lead problem solving teams related to systems and component issues.