Panasonic Canada Inc.
For over 100 years, Panasonic has been committed to enhancing the well-being of people, communities, and society. Our technologies and solutions have been developed with one aim in mind: to enrich our lives and make life better – simpler, healthier, safer, more enjoyable, and more sustainable. Panasonic Canada Inc. (PCI) is a leading technology provider to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company leverages its strengths in Living Spaces, Immersive Entertainment, Sustainable Energy, Automated Supply Chains and Connected Solutions to provide lifestyle solutions to consumers as well as secure and resilient integrated solutions for B2B and B2G customers. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Come join our journey.
What Panasonic Canada Inc. Offers
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage with a Health Spending Account
- Panasonic Retirement Pension Plan (RPP/DCPP)
- Group Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
- Generous Parental Leave Top Up
- Education Assistance Program/ Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Competitive Rates on Home and Auto Insurance
- Employee Volunteer Program – Paid Time Off for Volunteer Days
Panasonic Canada Inc. Hybrid Work Model
Panasonic Canada Inc. supports a hybrid work model. We understand that flexibility is essential for employees to do their best work while also balancing personal and life needs. Employees can expect to be in the office for a variable number of days per week based on the needs of the business unit, while having the ability to also work remote.
Panasonic Canada Inc. offers a Flexible Work Options policy which includes the ability to work remote, mobile, and create a compressed work schedule.
Lead Coordinator, Supply Planning & Procurement:
Performs all duties normally associated with the Coordinator, Supply Planning and Procurement, for assigned products. Provides senior level guidance to the Supply Planning and Procurement Coordinator(s) by reviewing and consolidating the supply plan, representing the Supply Planners at the Consensus meeting. Analyzes data from demand planning, inventory reports. to anticipate and correct Supply issues. Ensures inventory levels are maintained within Budget guidelines. Collaborates with Accounting, Sales, Marketing and Factories and SCM team to ensure Supply Plan meets demand. Reviews and initiates change to Supply plan and run heuristics when needed. Provides direction on process improvement, system set up enhancement.
Please note this is a full-time opportunity.
- Develop Supply Plan:
- Independently guides the work of the Supply Planning and Procurement Coordinator(s) at the Category Group level, as follows: Develop Supply Plan.
- Reviews Demand Plan (Final Forecast) following PSI Weekly and Monthly cycles and verifies product order quantity, plant breakdown and location (MRP) as well as delivery date align with initial IBP Plan.
- Proposes and implements solutions to improve Supply Plan. Identifies products that require Safety Stock or Turn Over days adjustments based on analysis of Demand Plan and requirements of Customer required inventory levels and Category Budget levels. Verifies total demand within and beyond the forecast horizon, providing recommendations to Marketing on forecast adjustments based on trends, customer orders, supply constraints.
- Effectively communicates forecast and inventory estimations to management. Resolves errors, optimizes Supply plan by requesting changes to Master Data or updating orders and plant breakdown. Monitors and reports on important changes to Supply Plan.
- Addresses and communicates Supply related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Finalize Supply Plan
- Creates baseline supply forecast for assigned product. Receives and reviews baseline supply forecasts provided by other Supply Planning and Procurement Coordinator(s), consolidates at the Category group level and provides to Planning Manager in preparation for review at the Consensus meeting.
- Attends consensus meeting to provide role-related assistance and recommendations on Supply and Logistics issues. Where forecast changes are requested, updates total supply requirement, and makes adjustment to the network requirements. Following creation of Supply Plan, makes Supply Plan data available to respective teams Marketing, Sales, Factories in preparation of PSI review meetings.
- Ensures all relevant data is correct. MOQ, rounding lead-times are properly maintained. Ensures Supply Plan is aligned with Plant and location, making appropriate changes and recommendations. Executes the Supply plan that meets the organizational and customer needs.
- Product Procurement
- Independently reviews weekly/monthly POs for the team. Provides oversight/input on load building to maximize efficiency in shipping. Places Purchase orders with Factories ensuring MOQ, Lead times and plant breakdowns are correct in accordance with the Supply Plan.
- Expedites orders with Factory or Customs and Transportation, may recommend shipping arrangements in consultation with Customs and Transportation. Advises Sales and Marketing teams as required on changes to inbound dates or issues with supply from Factory.
- Reviews changes to Demand and recommends/executes changes to plant breakdown prior to PO being created. Reviews changes to Demand forecast and orders and recommends, if needed, Add Orders from Factory.
- Prepares and ensures proper documentation for Add Orders and changes in Shipping arrangements (ERS, Air) Prepare USD/Yen currency reservation reports for Marketing, ensures proper information is provided to CPD accounting.
- Product Set Up/Maintenance
- Ensures all relevant data is properly filled out in New Product set up forms. Requires following up with Factory and Marketing teams to ensure process is followed. Ensures all information is correct for loading models into ECC and IBP, including MOQ, Master packs, pricing and Forecasting customer requirements.
- Makes recommendations of Safety Stock, Turn Over days. Ensures QA inspections are quickly scheduled upon first product arrival. Reviews and addresses any system errors, working with IT or Factory. Maintains Factory related Master Data to ensure PO and payments are properly allocated.
- Other Support
- At the Category Group level, supports the T21 process by troubleshooting and resolving data problems and validating DASH weekly and monthly data. Ensures timely and accurate updating and validation of data in support of SAP, IBP, EWM applications.
- Actively participates in projects related to SAP, IBO, EWM as the subject matter expert, providing insight and guidance. Prepares informational and analytical reports as requested. Processes Master Sample requests (MSS), ensuring proper sign of by all required stakeholders, tracking and return to inventory.
- Prepares manual purchase orders for promotional type product. Prepares relevant forms for inventory disposal requests, cross divisional transfer requests. Maintains and updates associated system information. Periodically required to prepare and distribute other team reports (POS, LA reports) and/or Ad-hoc reports.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Post Secondary degree ideally with focus on Supply Chain or Business, 3+ years of previous related working experience or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of material planning software such as SAP, IBP, EWM is required.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required.
- Excellent problem-skills to identify alternative solutions at category level when guiding other staff members.
- Majority of work performed involves the courteous giving and receiving of information with sales, marketing, traffic, warehousing. staff.
- Interaction with factories requires the establishing and maintaining of effective rapport and business relations.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
How to Apply
Please apply via email at [email protected]. Please include a PDF copy of your current resume.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Panasonic Canada Inc.
In order to drive our business to continued heights, our business practices and our contribution to society must be rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We foster an environment in which everyone is able to share their voice and talents, in a safe space, where they have the opportunity and resources to fully realize their potential. We are therefore committed to developing and realizing programs, tools and processes that ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees
Panasonic Canada Inc. has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for
job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in working for Panasonic Canada Inc.