Panasonic Smart Mobility Office – Lead Cloud Software Engineer
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Cirrus Lead Cloud Software Engineer, you will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers and creatives to build front-and-backend systems, services, and APIs powering the next generation of traffic management software solutions. You will have the opportunity to use a wide array of AWS services, including Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and many others, to build real-time streaming applications, analytics, and data visualizations that will revolutionize roadway safety and traffic management. You will design through architecture, build through writing code, and lead and mentor other engineers that will move our products forward. In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and creative leaders to design and build a new data exchange and marketplace product
- Work closely with the Cirrus Cloud Engineering and DevOps teams to define software architecture best practices
- Cultivate a vision of technical excellence and challenge those around you to execute that vision with the highest quality
- Recommend new tools, processes, and techniques to deliver technical excellence across all products
- Coach and mentor other engineers through career development and goal setting
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Proven track record of leading AWS architecture and development that scales
- Deep understanding of AWS architecture best practices, design patterns, and their trade-offs, especially of distributed systems
- Passion for activities that lead to good code, including user experience design, technical design, and test automation
- Willingness to lead initiatives that enhance or improve the culture within the Engineering organization and Cirrus at-large
- Knowledge of agile methodology and a bias for action
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package - The pay for this position is expected to start at $135,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 20% based on individual and company performance.
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.