Perform testing and development activities under the supervision of Design Engineers, Evaluation Engineer, or other Engineering personnel.
1. Perform testing requiring conventional types of procedures and/or applicable industry standards.
2. Assist on testing projects as necessary.
3. Set up Hussmann merchandisers for testing. This includes the installation of all refrigeration, electrical and data acquisition instrumentation connections.
4. Conduct testing as directed by the Evaluation Engineer, Manager of Lab Testing or other Engineering personnel responsible for the project.
Education: Technical Associates Degree or 2 year Technical Certificate
HS / GED Required
Lab Tech I: 0- 2 years experience
Lab Tech II: 2 - 5 years Experience
Lab Tech III: 5-10 years Experience
- Team Player able to interact with team members
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- HVAC refrigeration principles and procedures, full knowledge of natural refrigerants including charging, recovery, evacuation, safe handling
- Electrical knowledge: I proficient in electrical circuit wiring and troubleshooting.
- Welding: basic understanding knowledge of welding / brazing techniques.
- Sheet Metal : able to operate tooling
- Controls : understanding of case/ condensing unit controls and functions
- Continuous Improvement: working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies