Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
- Reconfigure, test and troubleshoot multiple system test configurations, design and maintain integration rack test harnesses and use specialized equipment as part of the rack integration process. Perform a wide variety of electronic, electro- mechanical, and mechanical production of sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Rack set up and wiring.
- Configure assemblies and sub-assemblies per engineering drawings, customer specifications, schematics, Bill-of-Materials, and work instructions.
- Identify and install various electro-mechanical and mechanical assemblies on Video Control Centers (VCCs).
- Test and integrate customer In-Flight-Entertainment and seat application software per Customer Requirements Document (CRD), Interactive Requirement Document (IRD), and Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) documentation.
- Troubleshoot wired assemblies, wire/re-wire harnesses and cables.
- Conduct integration testing and system dry-run/pre Quality Assurance testing to include logging all failure and anomalies.
- Install Software
- Install system software (includes third party vendor software).
- Lab Equipment and Organization
- Maintain electrical equipment (monitor mod levels, state of repair).
- Maintain cleanliness.
What we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years experience in avionics laboratory, flight simulation environment, or equivalent.
- Entry level hands on experience in the use of Linux software tool.
- Working knowledge of electronics and wiring standards.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to solve systems, rack wiring, and Line Replaceable Units interface problems.
- Understanding of electrical safety.
- Knowledge of small scale soldering.
- Manual dexterity, experience with hand and power tools.
- Self motivated, can work under reduced supervision.
- Ability to interact productively with fellow employees in all departments.
- Ability to read/write in English.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work and requires instructions only on new assignments
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 25 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Required to perform repetitive motion including bending, twisting, and various hand-arm movements.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.