About the Role:
The Lab Technician will run performance testing to develop knowledge to continue Hussmann's leadership position in Refrigeration Systems, Merchandisers, and associated products and systems. This position will also provide feedback to engineering on design performance and suggest improvements based upon data. Conduct data analysis and prepare reports to document key knowledge learning. Builds and changes product configuration to support test setup and operations.
- Install, set up, and instrument the Refrigeration Systems like; Refrigeration Racks, Condensing Units, and Gas Air Coolers and monitor the performance, and report results of assigned laboratory tests.
- Conduct testing as directed by the Evaluation Engineer / Lab Manager or other Engineering personal responsible for the project.
- Direct assigned lab resources to perform testing in designated lab spaces for which they are responsible.
- Ensure all testing is completed on time and with the highest degree of accuracy and repeatability.
- Gather daily progress reports from assigned lab tests and report those results to the Lab Manager for metrics tracking and communication to stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance and solutions to resolve equipment failures/issues.
- Assist with development of less experienced technicians Support Lab Manager on continuous improvement programs, safety, skill training, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 2-year Associates Degree or 2-year Certificate Required
- 2-5 years of applicable work experience. Refrigeration industry preferred
- Ability to read and understand testing and safety Standards
- Ability to read and understand Electrical and Mechanical Schematics
- Ability to charge and recover and charge back Refrigerant to the Systems as required for testing
- Ability to read and record data from Refrigerant and Pressure Sensors
- Ability to use Data Acquisition software
- Excellent communication skills, oral & written and with good listening skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects at once
- MS Office experience, especially MS Excel and MS Word
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and communicate those changes to other lab personnel
- Ability to teach/mentor less experienced personnel
- EPA 608 certification for refrigerant handling preferred
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.