Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious lab managers to lead the world’s largest lithium ion battery initiative. With the superior battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world, Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day in the Gigafactory to support Tesla’s electric vehicle and power wall businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing, full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, our members quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and leaders who work with the manufacturing teams to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest performance and quality lithium ion batteries.
Panasonic Energy of North America does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Providing rapid response conducting laboratory analysis for production support and root cause analysis.
- Having responsibility for all manner of chemical/materials analysis to change and improve processes and resolve production issues.
- Conducting failure analysis to address quality or reliability concerns regarding Panasonic’s battery cells.
- Utilizing analytical instrumentation to conduct analysis and provide support to a multitude of groups within the organization.
- Analyzing and evaluating process input/output data to reduce defects and improve battery performance.
- Providing support to the cell manufacturing process to resolve production quality issues.
- Providing support to customers to resolve claims on cell production quality issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline (Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Chemistry, or similar) or equivalent experience.
- Strong lithium-ion battery expertise including chemistry, materials, failure mechanisms, etc.
- 2+ years of chemistry/chemical engineering/materials engineering experience.
- Experience with laboratory analysis using chromatography, ICP, SEM/EDS, FTIR, TGA, or similar tools.
- Academic or industry background in materials characterization, elemental analysis, or electrochemistry.
- Expertise in handling chemicals and following laboratory safety procedures.
- Familiarity with quality management tools (control chart, FTA, FMEA, etc.) and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Problem solving skills and close attention to detail.
- M.S. or higher in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- A laboratory background working in high-volume manufacturing is strongly desired.
- Experience developing analytical laboratory methods.
- Data analysis experience such as statistical process control of production data.
- Experience in defect reduction of high-volume manufacturing products.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.