As the Junior Buyer, you will manage 1 – 2 suppliers under the supervision of the Purchasing Supervisor, including all aspects of planning, ordering, invoicing, and communicating with the supplier and production. You will report to the Purchasing Supervisor.
- Manage 1 – 2 suppliers under the guidance of the Purchasing Supervisor, including all aspects of planning, ordering, invoicing, and communicating with the supplier and production
- Keys purchase orders into the MRP system (BaaN) as directed by the buyers
- Coordinate with internal customers and suppliers to obtain supplier acknowledgements
- Update BaaN and addresses supplier acknowledgement dates that cause shortages or schedule start issues
- Follow up on past due purchase orders and keys results into BaaN
- Advise buyers of delivery date changes
- Monitor and report supplier performance
- Work with internal customers and suppliers to develop acceptable solutions for supplier performance issues
- Maintain daily and monthly metrics through current spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and develops new spreadsheets as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of applicable experience
- Some knowledge of purchasing or supply chain functions
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, e-mail, and other Microsoft office programs
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and/or external customers
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.