Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit www.parkplaceirvine.com
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
Work with cross-functional stakeholders to implement and integrate business applications to maximize operational efficiency. Translate business requirements into functional design and deliver solutions working with web technologies with an eye for usability, scalability, automation, and security. Provide administration, configuration, development, and user support for SaaS and self-hosted issue management systems. Act as subject matter expert for design, best practices, and technical platform capability.
An ideal candidate in this role will have a solid agile software development foundation and experience delivering complex application solutions in a large organization. Expert level Atlassian suite knowledge and hands-on experience driving agile SDLC deployments with technical and business partners are preferred.
What you will be doing:
- Monitors application systems availability, performance, and resolve incident reports following standard ITIL practices.
- Participates in evaluation/recommendation of patches, point releases, major upgrades, and new systems.
- Working closely with vendors to maintain licenses, evaluate add-ons, and resolve support tickets.
- Maintaining backend databases integrity and performance optimization.
- Configure fields, workflows, permission schemes to create a secure and efficient SDLC process.
- Create reports, dashboards, filters to support operational work and analytics.
- Develop custom plugins or configure triggers/webhooks to automate workflows.
- Utilize web services to integrate applications and data sources (SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, shell command line).
- Utilize tools or write ETL scripts to import data from external systems.
- Implement IDP and SSO solutions using knowledge of LDAP/SAML.
- Utilize experience with SQL databases and scripting languages to provide reporting and scheduled automation.
- Responding to user support tickets.
- Provide best practices and knowledge articles to address commonly asked questions/issues.
- Provide end-user training for application functionality.
- Occasionally work outside normal hours to perform system maintenance or meet with global users.
- Remains current with supported application training and certification.
- Work as an SME in the organization’s use of supported applications.
- Provide expertise in areas of data integrity, organization processes, and existing integrations.
- Actively engage in requirements gathering, solution design, and user acceptance testing.
- Adheres to standards, controls, and conducts quality assurance over programs before migration to production.
- Develops appropriate documentation for architectural, design, technical, implementation and test activities.
The salary range of $90,000-$151,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
Base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related software field.
- 5-10 years’ experience in software design, sustaining, or technical development area.
- 2+ years supporting Atlassian Jira and Confluence in an enterprise environment.
- Preferred Agile / Scrum certification or proven experience practicing Agile software development principles.
- Preferred certification in Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence).
- Expert with Jira and Confluence project configurations, integrations, applications, and automation.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with web services development and application integrations.
- Professional working knowledge of web development technologies and security concepts.
- Highly proficient ability to convey technical information as well as interface with internal and external customers.
- Use expertise, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Independently determines the best approaches for achieving results.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with cross-functional departments and groups.
- Minimal travel both domestic and international may be required.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.