Panasonic – Japan Chief of Staff
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are looking for a Japan Chief of Staff to enable most effective collaborations, communications, structures, product development & deployment, and business & technology transformations with/for Japanese organizations, while protecting autonomy and speed of the company’s strategic and operational abilities.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and counsel to the CEO
- Create and maintain cross Panasonic company relationships to enable leadership success
- Strategic navigator and advisor on high-profile projects between US and Japan
- Hiring/moving key personnel and optimize structure as needed for company success
- Monitoring information flow: Sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring CEO’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment
- Creating systems and processes to streamline operations
- Assess inquires directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to appreciate individual to manage
- Ensure all staff issues in Japan are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously while keeping track of progress until resolved
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Cohesive knowledge of the overall Panasonic Corporation (Japan) organization.
- BS or BA
- 2+ years at Panasonic Corporation solving executive organizational and personnel problems.
- 10+ years of experience in large Japanese corporations
- Excellent communication skills with executives in Japanese
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across companies/divisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.