Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Position will be responsible for developing and delivering multiple business-critical applications including but not limited to Web Applications, Web APIs, CMS, Low and No Code application development using multiple technologies and enterprise platforms with more focus on backend development and low/no code programming concepts. This role has responsibility for understanding business and technical requirements and delivering appropriate end-to-end solutions. The developer will work with BSAs, developers, business users, and others to ensure successful development of solutions that meet our enterprise operation’s needs. This role will develop enterprise applications for our internal and external facing customers.
- Works independently and simultaneously manage multiple assignments. Work in an efficient manner resulting in low defect, high quality software that fulfills the specified business requirements. Confer with management and personnel of other departments to implement projects.
- Provides an ongoing maintenance and support for applications within the area of responsibility and provides production support.
- Designs, develops, and deliver technical solutions to business requirements.
- Has experience to resolve complex issues using creative and effective mechanisms.
- Remains current with emerging Web technologies. Presents subjects/issues clearly to technical and non-technical audiences. Provides regular communication to management on programming assignment issues and status.
- Communicates and reports issues, status, and results to management with recommended solution.
- Adheres to best practices, standards, and conducts unite testing over the code before migration to production.
- Delivers assignments according to a schedule, and ability to deliver within tight deadlines.
- Analyzes applications and makes necessary changes to optimize performance.
- Help others and share knowledge with team members regularly and when needed.
- Other duties as required to support and meet the needs of Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
Low/No Code Development
- Understands and learns low/no code platforms like ServiceNow and Salesforce.
- Work with architects and BSAs to create new applications using low/no code platforms
- Create objects, security roles, business rules, front end rules, forms, logical flows using low/no code platforms.
Support & Operations
- Respond to user support requests
- Provide best practices and knowledge articles to address commonly asked questions/issues.
- Monitor application systems availability, performance, and resolve incident reports following standard ITIL practices.
- Participate in evaluation/recommendation of patches, point releases, major upgrades, and new systems.
- Maintain backend databases integrity and performance optimization
- Solid background in OO design, and modern software engineering practices.
- Experience with SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience with software development using full lifecycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation).
- Comfortable working in Agile environment with structured roles such as BSA, project manager, QA and business users.
- Self-discipline in documenting critical information about your work for others if they need it.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written skills.
- Works on multiple projects having complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, technology, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Working knowledge with source control such as git.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the cloud technology and developing applications to work on cloud.
- Familiarity with application containerization and good understanding of containers technology.
- Familiarity with any of the public cloud providers such as Azure, AWS or Google.
- Familiarity with Low and No code concepts.
- Familiarity with All ASP.net based applications such as MVC and Web APIs.
- Security minded and basic information about secure coding and web vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field and work experience.
- 5+ years solid working experience developing web software systems.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Willing to continuously learn and develop with our Enterprise systems such as ServiceNow, MuleSoft, and Sitefinity CMS.
- Willing to take company provided training either in person or self-paced video courses.
Pluses but not required:
- Knowledge of enterprise applications such as Sitefinity, ServiceNow, MuleSoft and Salesforce.
- Working knowledge with any Linux distros.
- SharePoint development.
- Nearly 100% Coding.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Power Apps
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include, Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.