Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The IT Technician II, End User Support Services role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve standard user support hardware and tier 1 and tier 2 software problems including end-user telephony, PCs and enterprise data servers.
- Install, configure, deploy, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Ensure that IT systems comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Receive, prioritize, respond to, document, and actively resolve end user Mac and PC and/or hardware requests.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex Mac and PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Participate in moderately complex projects and key process improvement initiatives for all IT environments throughout the organization.
- Support non-Windows and Windows operating environments.
- Support all telephony environments including VOIP and Cellular.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 3 years IT Customer Services experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or Certification. A 2-year degree or certification with a combination of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
- Industry certifications, such as MCSA, MCSE, ITIL, etc. are very desirable.
- Expert technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac Strong Technical IT experience and problem solving within a technical team environment
- Enterprise migration and deployment experience required.
- Demonstrable strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Technical knowledge of internal computing and telephony components.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including AD, File Services, Print Services, IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, PC Image deployment, McAfee Endpoint, KACE, VMware and Citrix clients.
- Knowledge of endpoint (computers, tablets, smart phones) architecture build methodologies.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including WireShark, Registry, Virus, Spyware and Adware tools.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation.
- Ability to conduct research into Mac and PC issues and products as required.
- Able to setup video conferencing calls either via Skype or in-house conference units.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- On-call availability for approximately 4 weeks a year.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (approximately 50 lbs.), such as computers and peripherals.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.