ITC Global, Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary objective of the Systems Administrator will be to install, configure, maintain and monitor the various systems and software used for operating the business. The Systems Administrator will take responsibility for ensuring system uptime, installing updates and backups. The incumbent will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish their goals. The Systems Administrator will use the Solarwinds software to monitor systems and configure it maximum effectiveness.
- Systems Administration
- Test and apply OS and software updates to keep systems up to date.
- Ensure all systems and devices are being monitoring using Solarwinds Orion
- Monitor and adjust MSSQL and MySQL databases for performance
- Manage global VMware datacenters
- Ensure backup system integrity and restore capability
- Implement High Availability features in supported software systems
- Technical Support
- Provide Operations with technical support adding devices to Solarwinds
- Provide training for Operations team in system usage
- Support Microsoft Great Plains accounting system
- Manage integration of Salesforce.com with other systems
- Assist R&D in new product selection/ evaluation
- Use scripting to automate repetitive process
- Report incidents and hazards
- Participate in incident investigations
- Deep understanding of Windows, Linux and VMware servers
- Firm grasp and experience in working with Solarwinds Orion monitoring platform
- Demonstrated experience in writing/ executing disaster recovery plans and managing backup software for geographically diverse datacenters
- Demonstrated experience in automating processes through script programming
- Detail-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft, VMware or Solarwinds certifications are preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
5+ years of engineering experience
Working Conditions/Physical Elements
- Normal office and lab environment. No heavy lifting or extreme physical labor is required.
- Must have flexibility of working extended hours, weekends, holidays, on call for critical requirements.
- Good understanding of cultural sensitivities across work environments.
- On-call rotation required as part of this position
Occasional travel to other ITC Global offices or client visits may be required.
ITC Global, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.