Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The IT System Administrator will ensure the stability and integrity of company data and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all workstation, server and infrastructure systems. This individual will also participate in the installation, moving and removal of servers and associated equipment. Analyze and resolve infrastructure hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Provide end user training where required. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
- Develops, and maintains windows server operating system images and server build standards for a variety of purpose built and standard image types, update images and standards library as technology and build requirements change.
- Provides support for Server repairs and component RMA’s, work with server vendor support technicians where required to implement server repairs. Work with other IT members in testing new server hardware and coordinate new server instillations as well as swapping out and decommissioning of retired equipment. Work with asset management personnel to assure inventory compliance, tracking, and labeling of servers and components.
- Maintains Active Directory security groups and Exchange distribution lists, develop ongoing methods to reduce administrative overhead associated with these maintenance activities.
- Maintains and evolves current file server directory structures and security groups, activities include removing, archiving, renaming and creating new directories and associated groups, assuring secure file access to the user community.
- Works with other Administrators (local and remote) in developing and maintaining current Active directory computer and user policies, as they apply in a WAN based environment. Create and maintain a testing environment suitable for pre production testing of proposed settings. Maintain change control management of policy settings and procedures.
- Maintains current print server environment, install new printers and establish new print queues for users. Work with Unix administrators in supporting existing and future Oracle printing across the WAN. Work with remote administrators in maintaining and troubleshooting remote printing issues at the server level.
- Familiar with client/server technology, LANs, WANS, and name resolution methods.
- Managed resources include contracted support personnel.
- Possesses the ability to document and communicate complex technological tasks and processes.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis procedures.
- Uses professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and Certification preferred. A 2-year degree or certification with a combination of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years Windows server administration and a Minimum of 1 year of Active Directory administration experience required.
- One year experience in scripting languages a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in installation, configuration, performance tuning of Windows servers.
- Demonstrated history of working without close supervision.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 50 lbs is required. Repetitive tasks include data entry. 50% of time spent sitting.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.