The IT Senior Lead – IT Administration & Finance will provide financial analysis and reporting for the Information Technology organization.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of business fundamentals, has strong financial analysis skills and can effectively coordinate and consolidate business results from multiple information sources. Significant data management competencies and a high level of communication are critical to this role.
- Financial analysis & reporting of IT department consolidated expenses, budget analysis & IT project cost tracking and budget forecasting. .
- Engage and conduct benchmark comparison for IT Expenditures
- Identify and Implement IT Productivity Improvements
- Partner with IT project managers to ensure appropriate accounting of project costs
- Partner with IT leaders to drive cost reduction opportunities
- Assist with Business Case development & IT project funding approvals
- Monitor and Control the IT procurement & administration process
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Experience with Capital/Expense Analysis and tracking
- Experience with Oracle financial systems, GL Wand, Monthly closing processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Familiarity with Financial Reporting Tools
- Sound understanding of general business processes
- General understanding of IT and applications
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience being proactive in overcoming barriers to prevent problems from occurring/recurring.
- General project management skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional customer servicing qualities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and assumes accountability.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity.
- Must be organized, disciplined, detail oriented, innovative, self-starter, results-oriented and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals