Panasonic Connect- Project Management Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
Project Manager Accountabilities:
- Assist PMO with project development from initiation to closure
- Will be assigned projects and be Accountable for execution and project results
- Lead small scale projects and be accountable for execution and project results
- Work with stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders through a clearly written Implementation Plan (IP)
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout project life cycle
- Effectively assist the managing the project scope by ensuring any change to scope are documented and approved with project change requests
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to stakeholders.
- Determine how results will be measured and assist with completing a post project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
- Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion.
Process Management Improvement:
- Using Kaizen principles, identify processes that are deficient and improve efficiency of PMO process
- Drive process improvement by getting agreement with all affected parties and following up on details to ensure full implementation of ideas.
- Use metrics to track improvements successfulness to key KPIs. And report up to PMO management
- Manage the technical aspects of software implementation
- Maintain the BOMs for software implementation by module, this include but is not limited to brackets, wiring, scanners, and networking hardware.
- Understand and maintain the software agreements needed to install the PanaCIM EE software suite software in varying customer environments.
- Maintain the installation documentation for software implementations
- Maintain solutions template packages for use in future proposal activities.
- Maintain current project implementation plan, including all updates.
- Update SugarCRM with necessary information including training credits, software licenses, open issue cases and software versions.
- Provide summary reports to senior management on all active projects’ including KPIs
- Maintain the PMO project tracking software which is currently Work Engine
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- University degree in business or related field preferred
- 2 to 5 years work experience in project management
- 2 to 5 years work experience in electronic assembly and, or, capital equipment sales and, or, support markets preferred
- PMI certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with project management tools and, or software packages
- Must be capable of solving complex project and engineering challenges with minimal assistance, as well as working with other Project Management and Engineering staff to manage through challenges. Focus on and promptly manage through any sensitive or critical project issues.
- Ability to manage a project relative to a potentially complex integration and schedule
- Demonstrated leadership managing people
- Experience working in a team orientated, collaborative environment
- Strategic, operational and technical management skills
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Must be self motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Communicate effectively with other Panasonic engineering staff and Executive Management, key customers, executive and project management staff for our clients and partners.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to provide clear and detailed technical reports and presentations
- Communicate sales and diligence functions.
- Coordination between multiple suppliers, subcontractors and project level agreements
- Requires a minimum of 60 percent travel to various locations in North America where projects are being executed. May require international travel for project management. Adherence to corporate travel and entertainment policy is required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.