Panasonic – IT Security AnalystEvery moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues
- Investigate security breaches and other information security incidents
- Observe and interact with software used to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities
- Work with resolver IT Teams to fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Stay current on IT security trends and news
- Assist with greater Security team in developing company-wide best practices for IT security
- Help colleagues understand information security and its importance for the business
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
- Design step-by-step operating procedure documents for everyday activities
- Recommend tuning opportunities to Security Engineering team for Security Tools
- Provide Tier-1/Tier-2 support of Security Events and proper triage/escalation to resolver support groups
- Training Analysts/Interns/Other Team Members as needed
What You'll Bring:Education & Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience in Information Security practices
- Previous experience as a Security Operations Center Analyst II or equivalent
- Related BS/BA Degree preferred
- Security Certifications Preferred (CompTIA, SANS, eLearnSecurity)
- Basic knowledge of Windows/Linux Administration
- Basic familiarity with Networking/Routing
- Basic Programming skills/knowledge (Python preferred)
- Knowledge/Familiarity with YARA a plus.
- Knowledge of Security Incident/Event triage and escalation
- Familiarity with SIEM/Security Tool Tuning
- Previous experience in a position providing customer service is preferred
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to identify solutions to problems as they occur
- Able to work with limited supervision to complete tasks.
- Able to correlate multiple sets of data during an investigation.
- Able to translate technical topics to non-technical users
- Able to multi-task and shift priorities based on current workload.
- Internal Panasonic employees and Third-party vendors (IBM, Trend, others)
- Positive customer service skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- 10% travel to other Panasonic sites
- Flexibility in work time requirements – as this is a security position there may be ad-hoc situations that require after-hours/weekend support
- Experience in information security or related field
- Familiarity with computer network penetration testing and techniques
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDS/IPS concepts
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Understanding of patch/vulnerability management while understanding business impact
- SIEM Platforms (QRadar knowledge a plus)
- Trend Micro Security Platform Suite (Apex One, XDR, Vision One, Email Security)
- KnowBe4 Platform (PhishER)
- Endpoint Detection and Response Platforms
- Vulnerability Scanning/Management (Rapid7 is a plus)
- Microsoft Azure security tools
- Ticketing Platforms
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.