The IT Program Manager initiates and direct projects, guide project staff; work with cross-functional teams, develop project plans and strategies, prepare business cases; direct the planning and estimating of business solutions; influence and negotiate with senior management; conduct meetings and manage cross-functional teams. Set high-level strategy on business initiatives; analyze profitability (ROI), policy, programs, and staffing to ensure optimal business results. Partner with the Leadership team and customer stakeholders to successfully impact their technology roadmap.
Role and Responsibilities
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Field Service, Finance and Operations, and Project Service Automation. Microsoft Power Apps and Flow.
- Experience within the Service Industry is desirable, but not required
- Work order management for field service.
- IT Project Management of Acquisitions
- Vendor management. Leverage multiple vendors to deliver solutions. Ensure that vendors are meeting agreed-upon commitments
- Business Relationship management skills
- Strong understanding of project management methodology
- Proven experience in IT application support, design, development, testing, and implementation
- Champion organizational adherence to best practices, and approved process for project governess and implementation
- Prepares and presents Steering Committee content, including Project Status, milestones, Project Performance, risks/issues, and next steps
- Reviews Project performance metrics and determine recovery plans for work streams falling behind schedule/cost.
- Serve as a technical lead for client technologies while leading multiple, complex project activities including strategic efforts for all planning, analysis, design, and development of company IT projects
- Support definition and execution of change management tasks including communication to key user communities, providing subject matter expertise, providing training and documentation where appropriate.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelors Degree required. Masters preferred
10+ years of project management experience
Microsoft Dynamics ERP experience preferred
ERP replacement experience
Experience in the following areas
- Responsible for budgeting and financial impact of information technology on the business
- Determine criteria for assessing issues, opportunities, and performance
- Manage strategic direction around technology and product road mapping
- Utilize formal problem-solving tools and techniques to generate multiple potential solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with creating IT Procurement documents and Statement of Work contracts, IT Risk Assessments, Business Strategy and System Architecture
- Identify stakeholders who may be impacted by decisions and actively solicit their input and participation
- Review departments progress against established goals, objectives, service level targets, and project milestones
- Manage vendors while identifying areas of cost savings and productivity improvements
- Coach, mentor, and motivate others to meet the organization’s vision, commitment, and goals while fostering positive and constructive feedback, recognition, leadership, and personal and professional development
25% travel when travel restrictions are lifted, currently virtual