IT PC Technician II
Who We Are:
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The Technician II, End User Support Services role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Participate in moderately complex projects and key process improvement initiatives for all IT environments throughout the organization.
- Support non-Windows and Windows operating environments.
- Support all telephony environments including VOIP and Cellular.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve standard user support hardware and tier 1 and tier 2 software problems including end-user telephony, PCs and enterprise data servers.
- Install, configure, deploy, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Ensure that IT systems comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Receive, prioritize, respond to, document, and actively resolve end user Mac and PC and/or hardware requests.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex Mac and PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Expert technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS X.
- Strong Technical IT experience and problem solving within a technical team environment
- Enterprise migration and deployment experience required.
- Demonstrable strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Technical knowledge of internal computing and telephony components.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including AD, File Services, Print Services, IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, PC Image deployment, McAfee Endpoint, KACE, VMware and Citrix clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of endpoint (computers, tablets, smart phones) architecture build methodologies
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including WireShark, Registry, Virus, Spyware and Adware tools.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation.
- Ability to conduct research into Mac and PC issues and products as required.
- Able to setup video conferencing calls either via Skype or in-house conference units.
- Minimum 5 years IT Customer Services experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or Certification. A 2-year degree or certification with a combination of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Industry certifications, such as MCSA, MCSE, ITIL, etc. are very desirable
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- On-call availability for approximately 4 weeks a year.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (approximately 50lbs), such as computers and peripherals.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.