Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Design, deploy, troubleshoot, and improve highly resilient, highly available, high performance Linux/DevOps/Database solutions in support of Software Engineering and IT Operations initiatives, with an emphasis on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) processes using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC). Integrate new tools, approaches, strategies, best practices, and solutions to issues of automation, performance, reliability, business continuity, and disaster recovery, building them where needed.
Architecture and Design (70%) :
- Partner with the engineering, infrastructure, security, and project management teams to help design and implement new systems and solutions that are scalable and highly resilient.
- Develop automation tools and processes to facilitate adoption of DevOps framework.
- Provide systems and services expertise and drives operational best practices.
- Participate in capacity and scalability planning.
- Leverage or build appropriate technical tools to perform administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as back up, restore, failover, and log interpretation), and performance monitoring.
- Develop re-usable components and operational strategies to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Develop IaC environments on AWS, Azure, or other Public Cloud platforms, using best practices and implementations.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the production platforms, servers and applications.
- Research, develop, and implement new technologies and practices.
- Participate in the design, review, and implementation of new platform, system, and application deployments.
- Participate in on-call rotations at team and department level including after-hours in support of 24/7 uptime goals in a global Network Operations environment.
- Resolve escalated incidents and requests.
- Develop and maintain training materials and system documentation
- Extensive expert knowledge of Redhat and Debian Linux distributions and common services and applications they support.
- Solid experience with open-source database management software, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with web servers (Apache, Nginx) and application servers (Tomcat/Jboss).
- Knowledge of scripting, data-serialization and programing languages (Bash, Python, Perl, JSON, YAML, XML, C, Go)
- Experience working in Public Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and CI/CD tool chain (Gitlab, Docker, Artifactory, Hashicorp Vault and others).
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible), and IaC (Terraform, Packer) toolsets.
- Expert knowledge of DNS and TCP/IP networking including routing and switching.
- Ability to independently conduct research as required, including making and justifying recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a cross-functional team
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math or similar field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years directly relevant experience is required with a BS or MS degree, or 7 years without BS or MS degree, as listed above.
- Willing to provide mentorship and training within and outside the Linux/DevOps team, with a focus on developing more junior members of the team and improving cross-functional understanding of Linux/DevOps systems, tools, processes, platforms, and principles.
- Fluent in written and spoken English for various audiences including technical
- Ability to work sitting for up to 2 hours at a time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time, including internationally
The salary range of $107,000 - $180,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporate.