Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Experienced professional level. Design, configure and integrate complex IT systems solutions and architectural frameworks into business systems and organizations. Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in- house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all software and associated operating systems, applications, databases, and integrations. Apply best practices to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Requires on call and after-hours support for maintenance and service down scenarios, as well as participation in a 24-hour, 7-Day on-call support rotation and off hours maintenance activities.
The salary or hourly wage range of $35.58- $59.62 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to an individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
• Perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
• Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
• Create and close work orders for tasks using established standards.
System Design & Integration
• Develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or SaaS Platforms.
• Writes code that meets specifications, typically for large and highly complex software programs and systems.
• Provide end to end integrations that support business objectives.
• Identify potential issues and implement solutions proactively.
• Consult with users and develop/provide training to help with onboarding and optimizing user experience.
• Enable faster and smarter business processes and develop meaningful analytics.
• Analyzes results of server monitoring and implements changes to improve performance, processing and utilization.
• Engage regularly with upper management, providing reports on project status, activities, and achievements.
• Focus on workflows, optimization methods, and risk management tools for given projects.
• Provides systems and services expertise and drives operational best practices.
• Partners with network, infrastructure, security, and project management teams to help design and implement new systems and solutions that are scalable and highly
Strategy & Planning
• Collaborate with staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems.
• Analyze the ongoing work and reduce the unplanned work.
• Implement and maintain the systems to be compliant with the organization’s guidelines or SOP (Standards Operating Procedure).
• Ensures high level availability of the production servers and applications within a team environment.
• Evaluate existing systems and provide technical direction.
• Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
• Investigate and resolve technical issues, provide level 2 technical support, perform root cause analysis for production errors. Build tools to improve customer experience and develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
• Provide break/fix support, setup/installation support, escalation support and solutions support.
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Systems Analysis, or related technical filed. Experience may be substituted for degree (total of 7 years with no degree)
• 3+ years’ IT system engineer experience.
• Solid experience with open-source database management software, such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
• Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring.
• Ability to expand skills and knowledge into other IT Applications.
• Knowledge about cloud infrastructure and exposure to various cloud platforms
• Exposure to CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins/GitLab or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory and adopt DevOps strategies.
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Experience with ERP server/application/database administration is preferred.
• Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle, Source Control (Git) coding best practices.
• Exposure to managing web servers (Apache, Nginx), application servers (Tomcat/Jboss/WebLogic).
• Knowledge of scripting, data-serialization, and programing languages (Bash, Python, Perl, JSON, YAML, XML, C, Go)
• Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows, Unix, Solaris.
• Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.