Panasonic – iOS Software Development Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented iOS Software Development Engineer who has experience building world-class mobile applications, frameworks and SDKs. You will be working on difficult problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You are expected to be a hands-on lead developer/architect who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality and high-performance software. You will be expected to work equally between design, hands-on development, and providing mentorship to our other developers. You will also be expected to help prove concept feasibility and provide input into the architecture of the services we build. If you love working directly on consumer facing products and shipping what you build, we’d love to meet you.
- Be a thought leader in mobile development and shape the future of our mobile app development strategy
- Partner with your peers and engineers to be a technical coach and mentor with attention to architecture and design
- Lead teams to build resilient and secure applications with the right architecture/design and production level quality
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, PM and UX teams
- Plan software releases and release schedules.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 5 + years software development experience with iOS in large-scale Internet-facing apps
- Experience writing highly scalable software in iOS, at least two modern programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Objective-C or Swift; including functional or object-oriented design
- Passion for simplicity and building highly leveraged reusable software platforms, components and APIs
- Project execution skills including estimating and executing on committed schedules
- Experience developing applications for both iOS and Android would be a definitive plus
- Experience developing on embedded systems would also be helpful
- Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strong fundamentals on SLDC such as code reviews and CI/CD systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.