Panasonic Investigations Counsel – Compliance and EEO
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Conduct internal investigations relating to EEO matters and employee misconduct in all areas of Panasonic Corporation of North America, PNA, business.
- Investigative tasks include planning the investigation, reviewing relevant documents and other evidence, conducting interviews, and writing investigation reports.
- Meet with senior level managers to present investigative findings and document outcomes.
- Help identify areas of improvement during investigations to ensure that appropriate remedial actions are put in place across PNA to help prevent repeat violations.
- Administer PNAs whistleblower hotline and case management system, and work with key stakeholders to promote awareness of reporting channels.
- Responsible for ensuring data on investigations is maintained, updated and reported on properly.
- Collaborate regularly with members of the Legal, Human Resources, Internal Audit, and other business partners, as needed for any given investigation.
- Support the development of PNAs compliance program including the development of policies, procedures, controls and monitoring to ensure enterprise wide compliance with applicable ethical and legal requirements.
- Provide training to the organization on investigations process and procedure to ensure consistency of the investigations function throughout PNA.
- Support the Office of Ethics and Compliance Operations, e.g., reviewing and handling conflict of interest disclosures, third party diligence escalations, etc., as directed.
- Working closely with PNAs employment attorneys, provide advice and counsel to the business on EEO matters, including advising on accommodations.
What You'll Bring:
- Reports to the Senior Managing Counsel Head of Investigations.
- Individual contributor, no supervisory or budgetary responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Strong ethics, integrity, and accountability with the ability to maintain independence and confidentiality
- At least 5 years professional working experience in compliance or legal functions at a law firm, in house or government
- Experience conducting investigations and advising business clients on compliance matters
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding EEO and employment laws, as well as other compliance related regulatory regimes, including anti bribery and anti corruption, competition laws, and privacy
- Familiarity with U.S. Sentencing Guidelines elements of an effective compliance program
- Prior experience conducting root cause analysis and post-investigation remediation activities
- Prior experience developing and providing training to investigators and business leaders
- Prior experience with in-house, corporate hotline, whistleblower case management solutions preferred
- Direct knowledge of Navex Ethics Point a plus
- Preferred: JD degree in good standing with the State Bar of NV or meets qualifications for certification from NV Bar Association for Limited Practice for In-House Counsel
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Demonstrated skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and ability to manage and prioritize a diverse and complex workload.
- Ability to influence beyond authority in a complex and matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable integrity, good judgment, strong analytical skills, flexible, and pragmatic.
- Excellent ability to provide training in an engaging and informative manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Growth mindset and a hands-on willingness to learn.
- Occasional domestic travel, 10 percent
- Location Sparks or Reno, NV
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.