Daily Operational Maintenance
- Monitor daily work priorities; review sales order and receiving reports to prioritize work.
- Takes primary responsibility for interdepartmental communication
- Communicates daily with PMO, OA and QC to achieve on time delivery goals and set operation priorities
- Ensure all departmental functions are covered by work instructions and that these work instructions reflect the actual jobs being accomplished.
- Maintain departmental training records and focuses on complete cross-training of the staff.
- Responsible for Warehouse layout and cleanliness. Maintains a 5S organization
- Coordinate personnel for AOG, weekend and other off hour support.
- Monitor the Boeing courier support and ensures proper coverage for vacations and absences.
- Staff development and training. Directly responsible for hiring regular and contract employees
- Establish root cause and corrective action for any picking, shipping or receiving errors
- Supervise the Defective Material cage including the company recycling activity.
- Write warehouse performance appraisals / improvement plans and discusses with the Departmental Director.
- Works closely with cycle count coordinator to establish root cause and corrective action for any picking, shipping or receiving errors. Has direct responsibility for explaining inventory write-offs and providing corrective actions
- Perform as back-up for the departmental manager when out of the office
- Interface with vendors that support the warehouse including the packaging material supplier, material handling equipment supplier and barcode software (in conjunction with IT). Negotiates best cost solutions that improve operational productivity
Internal/External Audits and Organizational Support
- Support internal and external audits of departmental processes and procedures.
- Team with the departmental Manager and the IT department responsible for investigating the cost effectiveness and selection of new technologies to reduce cost and improve productivity.
- Position is directly responsible for investigating and recommending innovative, cost effective technologies to reduce expenses and improve productivity
- Participate in the ISO9000 and ISO14000 quality processes.
- Facilitate with internal groups for Trade Show/Customer Demo’s and Carnets shipping requirements.
- Relevant qualification with 5 years warehouse experience as a lead or Supervisor.
- Experience with a computerized warehouse system (Oracle and barcode experience a plus)
- Experience in Warehouse resource planning and business plan preparation
- Must have excellent written (proficient at e-mail) and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Highly organized and a self starter who can run with general instructions and goals
- Must be an analytical logical problem solver that can work problem across departmental lines.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word